Xforce Exhaust Thread

THEMESHMAN260

• Hitting the apex
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 15d

Guys I am having exhaust dramas and need some help on deciding where to go from here

I have the xforce 4" dump with 3.5" system on my BF Ute, the exhaust has been scraping fairly hard on my driveway at work and it got to the point where it snapped 2 dump pipe bolts and streached the others which led to serious leaks. I think its the joining flange behind the cat that is doing all the damage. it is also hitting on the diff for some reason and getting a flat spot on the centre of the car side

I have thought of getting a section made up that flattens out in the center of the car that is about 2" high and 5" wide. would this work?

I have also been told that I can get a certificate to remove the cat, is this true?

any help would be good :bowdown:

So I had a play around on CAD and this is what I worked out

I dont know much about how the air flows but assuming the flow will work with the width and the connecting flanges are clean joins would this work?

• Member For: 16y 1m 12d

certificate to remove the cat? not sure about what state you're in but my first reaction is to say not a chance. How slammed is your car? Might be worth raising it slightly or parking outside your work instead?

• Member For: 14y 9m 6d

Yeh mate I had the exact same system on a sedan and I have hit the cat a few times on speedhumps and coming out of driveways. I also had a sh*t of a time getting it to sit right over the axle. I swapped to a twin 2.5" quad system which has a 3" pipe over the axle and it is still a b*tch to get it to sit right. I think its just all prefab exhausts, they all require a bit of work to get them right but I think flattening it out is a bit extreme.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 23d

With the 3.5" or 4" dump, is there any need to get wastegate or actuator mods. Its just that there's a 4" dump that's for sale cheap and im not sure if it would suit.

I would prefer the 3.5" for spooling earlier, but if this will suit ill grab it.

car is std atm, but will have tune, inj, dump & cat done at once.

cheers

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 26d

Yeh as Matty says you'll need a tune and stay off boost if possible. If you haven't got even a generic tune you may find the car overboosts so will limp mode, only guessing this though.

I have the split dump with single 3.5in system. Not sure if they have changed there rear muffler on these systems like they have with the FG but the twin outlet they use is restrictive. For best flow try negotiating a straight through universal rear muffler in the kit.

I put a 4" straight through magnaflow muffler on the back of my xforce 3.5" and it picked up 2psi with 4% less wastegate duty cycle. At the 350kw power level it's probably more restrictive than the cat, but I can't be 100% on that. I put in a gutted cat briefly before this mod and it didn't do a lot so I put it back in. It's significanly louder now though, but sounds pretty good IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 26d

Hi guys

I went to pick up my 3.5" xforce dump pipe today and noticed that the actual pipe is 3" with a 3.5" flare and flange at the cat end.

Looking at the pics from xforce it seams to be right.

Am I getting stooged or is this right?

It seams a little misleading in my opinion

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 8d

yeah had a look - fairly deceptive I reckon, it clearly states 3.5" with seperate wastegate pipe. The 4" ones also have a 3.5" exit.