Ba Vs Bf

jasol

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 26d
ohh trust me it made me want one more but untill I can pay me existing loan off then sell my wrx its just not possible

I also couldn't wait after test driving my car. Signed that evening after a tad of negotiation! Prooooobably shoulda shopped a little but hey I'm happy :)

Good luck finding your T. Another vote for BF built after 06/06 here. I haven't modded mine yet (much to 03XR6T's dismay) but know that when I do, I'll reap the rewards.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Under-garment member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 22d

:stupid:

For post 06/06 BF...

Better looks, bigger breaks, bigger/better cams, BETTER BETTER auto, better fuel economy, better to modify, better auto, stronger bottom end/valve springs, smarter ECU, better auto...

Overall a much more refined car, they also have a better auto...

:thumbsup:

• Member For: 15y 7m 22d
:huh:

For post 06/06 BF...

Better looks, bigger breaks, bigger/better cams, BETTER BETTER auto, better fuel economy, better to modify, better auto, stronger bottom end/valve springs, smarter ECU, better auto...

Overall a much more refined car, they also have a better auto...

:biggrin:

seams ill be looking for a bf then :blush: Edited by jasol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 1d

The cheapest BF Mark II Turbo you can get will be at Fowles Govt Auctions in Sydney.(Ex Chasers)

As long as the body and interior are ok I would say about 1 in every 5 XR6Ts that go through are in reasonable nik... you will have no problem.

The other 4 out of 5 will go dirt cheap... I have seen some go for like 17k...you should get a good one for under 20K.

The reason why chasers have become a more attractive proposition is that they all still have warranty so effectively even if you buy one from auction with mechanical issues these will most likely be covered under normal warranty like and other Falcon under warranty...

The later 07 ones have the premium sound option too...

My advise is be patient you have to turn up the auction a couple of times and follow the bidding etc...as you might get one week where people are going berzerk trying to out bid each other then the next week harldy anyone is bidding on them...so persistence pays...

I have seen dealers at the auctions buying them and have even competed with them while bidding...all they do is bid on them detail them and then throw them in the yard with a 6k mark up...

I have physically kept records of rego numbers and auction price and then seen the same car at a Ford dealer with that sort of price difference.

• Member For: 16y 29d
The cheapest BF Mark II Turbo you can get will be at Fowles Govt Auctions in Sydney.(Ex Chasers)

As long as the body and interior are ok I would say about 1 in every 5 XR6Ts that go through are in reasonable nik... you will have no problem.

The other 4 out of 5 will go dirt cheap... I have seen some go for like 17k...you should get a good one for under 20K.

The reason why chasers have become a more attractive proposition is that they all still have warranty so effectively even if you buy one from auction with mechanical issues these will most likely be covered under normal warranty like and other Falcon under warranty...

The later 07 ones have the premium sound option too...

My advise is be patient you have to turn up the auction a couple of times and follow the bidding etc...as you might get one week where people are going berzerk trying to out bid each other then the next week harldy anyone is bidding on them...so persistence pays...

I have seen dealers at the auctions buying them and have even competed with them while bidding...all they do is bid on them detail them and then throw them in the yard with a 6k mark up...

I have physically kept records of rego numbers and auction price and then seen the same car at a Ford dealer with that sort of price difference.

Agreed. Ive seen the same thing. I also saw a T owned by a different department go for 26.5k plus auction fees, was clean but not worth that much without a test drive. If someone really wants it its best just to stick to your budget and let them have it.

I got mine from the auctions and couldnt be happier, but its not a chaser.