Another Whine Question

lil grey bf

• Member For: 16y 9m 29d

Hi all, I know its been asked a few times (as I've looked) but does anyone have any experience getting rid of the whine in the audio? Ive just finished installing 6.5 inch splits and an amp and im getting a bad whine mostly through the tweeters. Ive used the speaker outputs from the icc to a high level input amp. Run the power down the drivers side and audio down the passenger side. Earthed the amp by bolting it to a hole above the wheel arch on the crivers side that has been sanded back to expose metal. Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked all the wiring, im only guessing but it may be the fuel pump as it makes no whine at all when the ignition is on the first click, second click and start its noisy. Its all new wiringmaybe ill run an external power wire to the battery and see if it makes a difference

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 17d

I have got it all the time after moving my battery to the boot. I always had it when on the aux input but I now get it all the time. I have just went over my car again and checked, cleaned and double earthed the wiring to the battery but no fix.

Also those of you that have moved the battery to the boot just remove the earth strap from the original front or leave it lose as earthing it does nothing as its earthed to the chassis down next to the turbo anyway. It runs under the fuse box in the engine bay but straight down and out the bottom and is not split anywhere in between.

I think there is an inherrant problem in some systems as I have wired up heaps of systems and this one is just painful!

I think the only way you will get rid of your whine it if its not a earth problem or emf is buying an aftermarket head unit as I believe its in the standard head unit.

My 2 cents

thanks bjc. that's a real let down, I just went for a drive and it seems to be every electrical thing in the car creating noise. Ill have another go tomorrow running a power cable outside the car into the amp and then try again with the earth straight to the battery. Its really annoying, how does everyone else run an amp with these problems?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 17d
thanks bjc. that's a real let down, I just went for a drive and it seems to be every electrical thing in the car creating noise. Ill have another go tomorrow running a power cable outside the car into the amp and then try again with the earth straight to the battery. Its really annoying, how does everyone else run an amp with these problems?

I dont even have amps fitted yet and my sound system is factory premium sound! I believe that if you replace the head unit it will all be fixed as its at fault having all other wires from the car running either through or around it introducing noise.

I heard people talking of noise suppressors and what not but they have not said specifically what ones? I tried one from jaycar for my aux before I had moved the battery and it did jack also at fixing any of the whine!

I should actually record the sound mine makes when the car is off and I put it on aux with the stereo at max with no signal and press the interior light button or turn the headlights on, open the door etc, fark me it sounds like a darlek ready to kill!!!

fricking horrible in other words...

I believe my fix will be the head unit bypassed

Damn darleks!!! The annoying part is, I already have a good pioneer head unit from my previous car. But I wanted to keep the factory look and functions, hence using speaker outputs from the factory icc into an amp. Ill just have to fiddle around tomorrow, worst comes to worst I guess I can install my head unit, or put it back to factory setup.