Front End Vibrations

JoeyJoJo

• Member For: 16y 1m 13d

I’m currently having an issue with my T where I’m experiencing steering shudder and vibrations which can be felt under the front driver and passenger seats and foot well. I have pin pointed this issue occurs when driving on a long stretch of road where brakes have been applied to slow the car down (but not to come to a complete stop). This issue does not occur with your foot on the brake but whilst driving normally.

The only way I have been able to temp fix this is by pulling over on the side of the road wait about a min then drive off again that seems to solve the issue, until you starting breaking again on the long stretch of road.

I’m running out of ideas on what’s causing this I have changed the front disks and pads twice (currently running DBA 4000 Slotted) changed the rear disk and pads, done a wheel balance and alignment, also had the rims checked to see if they are buckled.

Right now the mechanics think I’m crazy because they can’t see the issue (just my luck). Has anyone had or seen any issues like this? Any idea what I should have a look at next?

• Member For: 16y 1m 13d

Just an update on this, took the car to a mate that's a mechanic and he thinks it is the master brake cylinder, has anyone heard of this failing on the falcons? Also I might ask him to check the wheel bearings before he changes that.

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 16d

IS your breake pedal going away.. IE fading?? I know in stock form if you hit the brakes at 110 or there abouts they will make a rumbling noise/feel. This only happens if you are holding them on for a fair while.

• Damn You's A Sexy Chich
  • Member For: 16y 8m 6d

I’m running out of ideas on what’s causing this I have changed the front disks and pads twice (currently running DBA 4000 Slotted) changed the rear disk and pads, done a wheel balance and alignment, also had the rims checked to see if they are buckled.

I think he's tried that robbo....