Factory Fg Sat Nav

geobar

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 2d

Hi guys,

A couple of questions about the factory FG Sat Nav.

Where is the unit located, ie where would you insert the card into?

Also for those that have it you will notice there is a multimedia funtion on it, though in the manual it says do not use as its not support by ford, but was wondering if one wanted to use it..lol... how does one go about it?? I'm thinking if I could locate the box there may be some imputs you can plug something into :roflmbo: Let me know if anyone has tried anything to get this going :)

George

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 21d

Its located in the front passenger footwell George. If you look down there its on the left side above the kick panel. Small Silver box. :roflmbo:

• Member For: 16y 1m 6d

The actual GPS box is located behind the glove box. You can also see it slightly from the passenger footwell when looking up.

Edit: sorry didn't notice senna_T's reply

Edited by Seduce XR

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 23d

I had a"factory" Sat. Nav. installed in my FG ute.

Less than impressed, as it was basically a very expensive aftermarket job, rather than the fully integrated setup I had in mind. Furthermore it uses rather cumbersome controls and software.

My Ford dealer did say that there is a factory upgrade available that converts the CD player into a DVD player.

If you are forking out the dollars on the Sat Nav option (I also had to upgrade my control screen at additional cost), I recommend doing some homework.

Edited by Race Components

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 27d

Anyone else done anymore homework on this? cos I am deadly keen to get something up and runnin on that screen and it would be awesome if you could use the already built in Sat Nav... like geobar said, the option is already there. just need to know how to use it.

• Member For: 21y 8m 10d

Hmmm,

I have the factory sat nav and after reading this I have caught a bug to get something on that screen.

Someone must know something out there!!!!!

Edited by mjh

• 2 months later...