Buying Xr6t Need Help!?!?!?!?!

BTK_007

• Member For: 15y 7m 19d

Hey pplz,

Im new to this site as I am currently thinking of buying an xr6t.

The model in question is an 03 BA with the 5 speed manual. Looking at what people have said about the 5 speed makes me not wanna go next to it however the price is $12500. It is pretty standard except for 20inch chromes and mite have a custom intercooler all I know at the moment is that its not the standard black one its chrome, looks the same size though. Low kms too, I think around the 80 mark. Initially I wanted to do some mods to it, just a computer and exhaust but reading the stuff here bout the t5 I dunno.... Advice please?

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 25d

Whats your budget like? Do you have 20K to spend? You should have the vehicle inspected before you do anything to make sure its all good - $12,500 is very cheap.

If you have 20K and the car is legit, but it and put a T56 6spd manual in it, cheap car either way

:sleepystuff:

Nuh only reason im buying it coz its within budget..... if I do buy it and dont do any mods will I be alirght.. also how much would a t56 cost me if I were to trade in the current box...cheers

Edited by BTK_007

:stupid:

If $12500 is your max budget steer clear. It is likely that the T5 will sh*t itself & the repair bill isn't pretty... Been there, done that :stupid:

Edited by 03XR6T

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 27d

*nods*

Yeah mate...

Seriously get a 6 speed auto or man. If I had my time again - 6 speed ZF auto all the way :blush:

Even stock cars will kill the 5spd...

Seriously - save and get a better one - these cars can cost a FORTUNE to fix. May as well buy the right one first time and save yourself a lot of pain...

all the best,

Dan

• Member For: 15y 10m 1d
What even with no mods and not thrashing it this box is still likely to F**k up???

I have an 04 BA 5sp Running about 260kw now has been for a while gearbox is fine, tuner thinks it can take a little more and it will still be safe, only if I get the custom tune, the generic Sh*t sucks, just have to let it ease into boost but much over 330 rwkw would be pushing it.

that's my next thing after this tune!!!! Save up and buy a T56 cbf paying more in stamp duty buyin bf :)

anyone wanna give me a T56 haha 2K???

Thanks for the reply guys but NVT im in a predicament its either I get this now as it is my bro in laws and im gna pay him installments, or wait till like end of next yr or sumfin ... problem is ive driven it and love it lol so yeh I mite just grab it ill try to be real easy on it... any1 know if insurance covers boxes n such?