To R-spec Or Not?

TCR

• Member For: 19y 9m 25d
Guys, you're comparing a factory FORD XR6 turbo against an FPV F6 Typhoon. Why the hell do you think they're $20,000 more off the show room floor? :roflmbo:

It's like saying whats the point of getting a GTS over an SS, or a GT-R skyline over a GTS... You guys are weird!

Based on your logic, you paid $20K for something because it was standard on one car and an option on the other.

Anyways, that post you quoted had nothing to do with XR6T vs Phoon. It was about the thuper thpecial R-Spec vs poverty pack phoon.

:thumbsup:

ws

Edited by wiresquire

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 20d

:thumbsup: Stock phoon vs RSpec was only $1500 extra RRP and look at all the extra you get.

fpv11.jpg

comingsoon_hero_template_r1_c1.jpg

I know what I'd rather!

Edited by R-SPEC

• Member For: 16y 8m 17d

Hmmm – had to add my 2c

Sure you can pump stacks of power out of either a T or an F6. But if your going to mod anyway – you’ll get better results from the F6 everytime.

What FPV gives you over a standard XR6T, and a generally better finished vehicle overall, for the extra coin – no question WORTH IT.

F6 air box with dual Ram Air intakes

F6 high strength conrods

F6 oil cooler

F6 engine management system

Garrett GT3540 turbo

Aluminium air-to-air intercooler

FPV high-flow twin 2 1/4” performance exhaust

ZF 6-speed high-torque automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift

Performance Brakes - 355 x 32mm cross drilled and slotted front rotors with

Brembo 4 piston calipers and 328 x 26mm cross drilled rear rotors with red single piston calipers

High capacity in-tank fuel pump

FPV Sports gauges (with oil pressure & turbo boost readouts)

Premium audio system with colour TFT display screen, 6-disc in-dash CD, 6 speakers, 150 watt amplifier & 150 watt sub-woofer

Prestige Interior Command Centre finished in satin alloy with Premium audio system, dual-zone climate control and TFT colour screen + Trip computer

Outside temperature display

Rear occupant heating / cooling vents finished in satin alloy

Unique FPV Performance steering wheel

Unique FPV manual gear knob (manual only)

Unique FPV automatic performance shifter (automatic only)

Scuff plate inserts with FPV logo

FPV build number badge with unique identifier

FPV instrument graphics with blue illumination

Wanky FPV starter button

FPV front fascia with F6 splitter in accent colour and Titanium finish grille mesh featuring FPV lettering

FPV upper grille in Titanium finish with F6 badge

Front fog lamps with contrasting F6 accent colour bezel

FPV side skirts with flutes in contrasting F6 accent colour

FPV rear fascia with contrasting F6 grille mesh and accent colour

Unique F6 rear spoiler with centre strut and LED stop light

FPV fully integrated alarm with battery back-up

FPV ID Datadot Identification

All that worth an extra $20K? OF Course it is - you do the Math. And these things are NOT all options on an XR6T, they only come from an FPV F6

Then the R-SPEC ....

Now at the time, these cars were bought on road at the same or less than a standard F6 thanks to Fraud’s desperation and rebates so those that think these were 5 or 10k more – your’re a little misguided, and looking at list price is academic. Even now you can buy one for similar price to a std F6.

RSPEC STANDARD inclusions.

FPV Leather Sports seats - Leather and suede-feel bolsters, FPV logo embroidery and F6 silver stitching

TrakPak lowered Performance suspension.

5-spoke 19”x 8” alloy wheels in Thunder Storm Grey with

machined face, fitted with DunlopSP Sport Maxx 245/35ZR19 tyres.

MP3 accessory port,

R-Spec Floor Mats – yes whoopee

R-Spec Limited number build plate

Those Extras for Nothin – Worth it?? Uh yep.

It simply sits and looks better on the road, handles better – without spending an extra cent, and for nothing over a standard F6 - Value??

And the fact theres only 300 built – there will always fewer than the standard F6’s and a sh*teload less than T’s on the road or on Carsales anytime. Everyone who drives one knows this, those who don’t are in denial.

Soooo F6 vs XR6T (with a spend of 20k worth of mods) – No Brainer F6.

And if you want that NOW, go the RSpec, it’s extra value for nothing, but then be prepared to hang on to it.

The only real question here for the chap who started this poll with a million questions is timing – Go for the F6 RSpec now OR wait for some second hand F6 310’s.

IMO I’d go with the latter, your Xr6T will not lose that much more in 6-12 months, you will lose more in changing twice.

Then when you get the FG, tune it, put some Teins on it and you’ll have a rocketship.

It’s just a question of can you wait – no one else can answer that.

Nuff said.

• Member For: 15y 11m 14d

for someone who has spent $1,000,000 on previous cars with modding them I would think you wouldn't need to ask for this kind of advice. should be simple really to make your own decision and not listen to the owners of 'r-specs' telling you how special they are over a standard xr6t.

your money, your choice but if it were my money and my choice I would go further than an 'r-spec' and get an FG F6 when the price is right.

• Member For: 16y 3m
should be simple really to make your own decision and not listen to the owners of 'r-specs' telling you how special they are over a standard xr6t.

:wub: What was the name of this thread? The poor undecided soul has got what he asked for, plus some!

• Member For: 19y 8m 4d
Guys, you're comparing a factory FORD XR6 turbo against an FPV F6 Typhoon. Why the hell do you think they're $20,000 more off the show room floor? :blink:

It's like saying whats the point of getting a GTS over an SS, or a GT-R skyline over a GTS... You guys are weird!

BA-XR6T's were done at the FPV factory, side by side with the FPV series. :3gears:

A 'Ford Factory' XR6T, certainly in the BA XR6T series, is exceedingly likely to have exactly the same engineering and FPV final assembly pedigree as an FPV of the period.

I am sure that people on this forum can provide more granular data about the migration of XR6T production from FPV to Ford. I understand that this was a staged process.

Regards,

aa

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 6d
for someone who has spent $1,000,000 on previous cars with modding them I would think you wouldn't need to ask for this kind of advice. should be simple really to make your own decision and not listen to the owners of 'r-specs' telling you how special they are over a standard xr6t.

your money, your choice but if it were my money and my choice I would go further than an 'r-spec' and get an FG F6 when the price is right.

Yes, I've been modding cars for over 20 years and I've spent a packet but I'm new to the performance Falcon range and was just hoping to get some advice from those with more knowledge of this particular range. I'm almost sorry I asked.

For those that have given some constructive advice, thanks.

I have decided to miss the BF Phhon/R-Spec upgrade and go straight for the FG F6 which was the initial plan. Just a matter now of when I make the transistion.