I'm Buying My First Xr6t...advice Please

hyprxr

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 4m 30d

first a stock vl turbo even in great cond is not worth 10k that's probably what you would get for you bike if you sold it

now I don't want to be rude but it's been said WHO TUNED IT HOW HAS IT BEEN TUNED

these cars don't make extra power unless it has been tuned ,ie capa flash tuner etc you need to know this

it is a good price ,but that doesnt help you if it has been done wrong

and pinging engine replaced that is absolute bullsh*t ,this car has busted a conrod or something similiar through it's life, if it was just pinging it would of just been re-tuned

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 16y 11m 15d

nah that's ok not offence taking...reason I did't put it in there is because when I asked the guy he doesnt know...he told me this is his first turbo car and he doesnt know much about them. All he knows which was told to him by the previous owner...is that it has a bigger fuel pump...bigger injectors...and the cat has been modified to increase power and dyno tuned...all he has done is the xforce exhaust and growler kit...other than that he doesnt know anything else and the previous owners contact details are not available...

• Mmmmm......BOOST

ok if it has bigger injecters etc it has been tuned on a dyno by some one

this either needs a flash tune box witch should be with the car it's a little black box you can plug into the car near the fuse box and change the tunes in the ccar computer

other than that if it has been tuned with what is called a piggyback type unit you will be able to see some thing wired into the ecu under the bonnet

I dont know mate it is a real good price but starting to sound a bit dodgey

the only real failsafe is take it to a workshop that's on the site here and get them to check it out

where are you located

if it's anywhere near pitlane performane give them a call and get it checked out

Edited by our06t

p.s...vl turbos are still holding their value at 10k more...in this condition anyway...would have to see it to understand...I really dunno what to do here guys...I like both but wanna make sure I'm happy with it in the end.

• Mmmmm......BOOST

take it to pit lane performance I don't think we can do much more for you , and if the seller doesn't like the idea of you takin it there then don't buy it

maybe ask elsewhere about the vl I really didn't think they where worth that much as a stock original

Edited by our06t

Ok cool thanks mate...I'll ask the guy but I doubt he will allow me to take it there...prob just tell him to stick it...yeah VL's are still holding value and are expected to rise...there arent too many good ones left...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 13d

Dude, I dont want to sound rude but trading a brand new bike for a 20 y/o car (that's probably had 4 owners and been thrashed hard by all of them), is not a good idea. They are hardly going to hit 20K prices either.

XR6T is a MUCH better car than the VL. For a start its not 20 years old (and while im sure dirteh's 32R was great, no doubt he could tell u the pitfalls of owning a 15-20 y/o car). Its cheaper to insure, mod, maintain, interior is newer etc.

Sounds like the XR6T your looking at is a bit suss, especially if he wont allow you to get it professionaly inspected. lack of log books for a newish car is a worry too

• Mmmmm......BOOST

was outa touch on the vl scene just had a quick look around and yes 10k is around the going rate WOW

Agree with whats said above exept the log books mine haven't been stamped since I bought it 3 years ago ,but it is very well maintaned between me and my tuner's workshop