• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Legendary member!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 5d

What sort of $$ does he want for it?

If your gonna take the mods off it and go back to stock, why dont you just buy a stock car that has never been tuned in the first place?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 14d

As has been said, your wasting your time if you buy a modded car only to return it back to stock..

Also, I'd avoid the BA's and keep saving for a BF. Even though its only done 54K, plenty of BF's around that and and newer cars are far less hassle. Also when it comes time to move on, you wont be selling a 10 y/o thrashed and modded car. You'll only be selling one that's 6 or 7 years old :). Makes a HUGE difference to resale.

• Member For: 16y 11m 15d

I don't necessarily want to bring it back to stock I've put it the wrong way...I'd like to find out exactly what has been done to the car and see if its able to run safely for what has been done...for eg...if the boost is too high for the current mods I'd like to bring it back down to a safe level. I do plan on modding it a little myself I just wanna make sure its all done right...

I'm actually doing a trade and cash adjustment for the car...I don't really have the money to save up for a BF as much as I would like to and I also dont intend on keeping the car for more than 3 years anyway. I won't say what the deal is but it will owe me $16,700??? What do you reckon? I should come close to getting my money back if I were to sell it in say 2 years??? The car is in very good condition and the guy seems honest enough.

• Member For: 15y 7m 29d

I should come close to getting my money back if I were to sell it in say 2 years??? The car is in very good condition and the guy seems honest enough.

2 years ago I was looking at ba xr6t's I they were around 26k then now you can get them for 18-20k, so id say u will get a fair bit less than 16.700 in 2 years that's cars for you especially falcons and commodores they dont hold there value well at all

Edited by jasol

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 4m 30d
Also, I'd avoid the BA's and keep saving for a BF. Even though its only done 54K, plenty of BF's around that and and newer cars are far less hassle. Also when it comes time to move on, you wont be selling a 10 y/o thrashed and modded car. You'll only be selling one that's 6 or 7 years old :). Makes a HUGE difference to resale.

that's crap yes the bf 6spd auto is nice ,other than that it's all relivent to how many kay's it's done and the care it's been givin

there is fck all diff between a ba and bf , and unless you want huge power the 4spd with a rebiuld if it fails will take 300+ no worries

and 10 year old 7 year old same goes depends on the kays low kay 10 year old would be equal to higher kay 7 year old car

Edited by our06t

• Member For: 16y 11m 15d
that's crap yes the bf 6spd auto is nice ,other than that it's all relivent to how many kay's it's done and the care it's been givin

there is fck all diff between a ba and bf , and unless you want huge power the 4spd with a rebiuld if it fails will take 300+ no worries

and 10 year old 7 year old same goes depends on the kays low kay 10 year old would be equal to higher kay 7 year old car

I have to say I agree with this...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 14d

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to an opinion :) Mine is simply based on me buying a couple of 6/7 y.o modded turbo car with low kms.. A wise man once said to me, once the car hits 8 years old, sell it. I didnt listen with my last car and as a result it took me 9 months to sell and I lost a lot of $$$.

That said I bought brand new (which I dont believe in due to the money u loose straight away) but I saved 14K off the rrp, so I made the exception. I actually worked it out and it worked out cheaper to own a newer car in my circumstances

Either way, im sure something everyone will agree with is to make sure you do a revs check (money oweing on it check) and get a reputable workshop to do a decent inspection. They will tell you everything you need to know for a few $$. When I sold my car, the inspection cost the bloke $120 and he went over everything with a fine tooth comb