Got Car From Interstate, Love The Car But The Owners Manual/service Bo

bluesmuso

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 2m

Well, I've replaced that now but it would have been nice not to have to, but the car is exacly what I wanted and I could not find one here in S.A. for the price.

Once I get the books I'll be as happy as a dog with two dicks, it does have lots of extras such as Premium sound, Ford Momo steering wheel, shift kit, external trans cooler (albeit mounted in front of the intercooler) and I've always wanted Blueprint, now all I need to do is get it to a good tuner to get it running right.

Edited by bluesmuso

• Member For: 16y 2m

for the record I looked into service books/history recently and if they are missing you can usually ring ford with the rego and vin (you may need the sido - thanks to senna for that one) and they can look up the dealer it was sold at and you can check with them.

If it wasnt serviced with the dealer who sold it though it makes the process quite difficult.

Thanks Gregor, but I think the car is a bit old for Ford to have accurate service records and it may have been serviced elsewhere, I know that when I had my new VX when I shopped around I could get a service done for more than $100 less than at the dealerships. The previous owner has agreed to post them over to me, so I'll wait and see if I get them.

sixapeal, I've been to Ford and they showed me how to re-set the keypad so that the stray keypad cannot unlock my car anymore and when I asked it seemed that the previous owner had lost the other key, so I might look at getting my key re-coded as well.

Edited by bluesmuso

• Member For: 16y 7m 14d

You can re-code your own keys too, just wait till you get the manual, it's all in there. But I would reccomend getting your self a spare set!!!

UPDATE: The owners manual still has not arrived yet, so maybe it was just 'lip service' I will have to call them again, is the owners manual and service records all in one book or is there two seperate books?

I got the inspection through a local Tullamarine mob called 'Howe power engines' I found them on the internet, they were pretty good and covered everything and didn't cost too much, they emailed me the inspection results, but it was abit underwhelming in that the inspection email was just typed like a personal email rather than a formal looking inspection template like you would get from RACV etc, but they rang me and talked for ages and texted me photos of things I needed to see, they were pretty good and told me what I needed to know and said that for the money the car is very good........and they were right, I should also mention that the service records and owner's manual were in the glovebox when they performed the inspection.

I wanted that car and Adelaide is crap if you are looking for a specific car eg. try finding a Blueprint BA XR6 Turbo with premium sound in pretty good nick for 13K in S.A.

The same car would have been 16-17K here in Adelaide.

Edited by bluesmuso

• Member For: 15y 8m 23d

damm that's cheap as, were did you find it? so far ive been only looking on carsales, yea sa is alot more expensive I think it coz theres never as many forsale as other states hence not as much competition