X-cal 1 To Become Useless?

straughsberry

Will you use SCT in the future?  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Wow I can't believe I found a thread on this topic not locked...about 5 over on AFF that are all locked.

So after reading 50 pages of this stuff across various forums the only sentiment I can think of is that SCT are messed up.

Its frustrating that people like 03XR6T get banned from AFF because he doesn't want to get on the "lets congratulate SCT for coming to the party" bandwagon. Yep lets sweep it under the rug and make SCT the good guys in all of this. BULL.

I have been using a SNIPER for well over a year now and from what I have read and spoken to my tuner about, the SNIPER is superior to SCT with the exception of SNIPER playing catch up to program against all variants of the Falcon ECU.

My dad now stores his tunes for his Turbo on my SNIPER, savings us $$$. Initially there was no tune for his car available so Barry sent away for it and SNIPER built a tune and sent it over to Barry @ BPT in short order. Keep your options available, there is more than just SCT out there and like Toyota they have been relying on a "reliability" name built up over years. Well that name is now MUD!

Phew...glad there was still a thread open where I could rant :P

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 20d
Wow I can't believe I found a thread on this topic not locked...about 5 over on AFF that are all locked.

Its frustrating that people like 03XR6T get banned from AFF because he doesn't want to get on the "lets congratulate SCT for coming to the party" bandwagon. Yep lets sweep it under the rug and make SCT the good guys in all of this. BULL.

All I have to say, is that this forum is much better than AFF.

There is a lot more open free speech here, and the moderators are not

constantly on a censorship route - likely driven by sponsorhsip arrangements.

A lot of comments on AFF are deleted or ridiculed when they aren't aligned with opinion of the key few.

AFF seems VERY much aligned with Herrod from what I can see....

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 9d

Guys while appreciative of the favourable feedback, but please don't use this forum as a place to moan about other forums. If you have a concern with FF (or anyone else) please take it up with them.

Sorry, but don't want any sh*tslinging on here. :thumbsup:

• T.P.I.S.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 10m 1d

I'll be there on Sunday dropping the car off for the rest of my gear to be fitted.

Oh and nice to see you the other night at the cruise. See you have a new project.

Edited by seventytwo
over quoting

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4d

Does SCT have permission from Ford Australia to "CRACK" the factory pcm even though is code protected?

If the answer is NO, then everyone with the ability should try and crack thier product...Just to teach them a lesson.

..I feel much better now!

• Donating doesnt allow you to be an idiot!
  • Member For: 17y 7m 16d

sorry guys, I know it has been explained but im really tired and the wording sucks

I have an xcal1 box with generic tunes currently on it. Can I flash my car back to the stock tune on the box and get NEW generic tunes put on the box and have them work on another car?