No Boost?

Daniel4

• Member For: 15y 8m 6d

I have a 2003 turbo ute and its running on 12-13psi with turbosmart type1 bov and its just stopped making boost pretty much like on 5000rpm it will be at maximum on about 2-3psi. is this a problem with the standard actuator? if not what the s@!t is wrong with it?

• Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 14d

yeh.. does sound like the solarnoid.. try the solarnoid maintence, makes a noticble difference if never done b4

Edited by typhoon_freak

• Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 1d

can you hear a hissing sound from under the bonnet, there might be a leak somewhere...... or a snake?

Could be a faulty boost solenoid.

Have you tried the boost solenoid maintenance?

nah I havnt tried anything yet it only started happening yesterday so I havnt really had time. ill take a look at the solanoid. and I dont think I can hear much so I dont think its a leak but ill try that after solenoid. ill let you know how I go. im only 19 so I havnt had alot of experience yet but I love it! haha thanks guys

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 16y 3m 5d

No worries.

Just a bit of free advice.

If you ask a question about a fault, give as much info as you can.

For example.

"My car seems to have a noise from the engine bay."

Things that you may get asked, and would be easier to diagnose your fault if info was given, could be.

1. Was it at operating temperature.

2. Under load, at idle or just free revving the engine.

3. Does it happen all the time or only some of the time.

4. What type of fuel do you use.

5. Has your car been modified, if so what components and what sort of boost pressure are you running.

6. Generic or custom tune.

And possibly many more.

Hope this helps and good luck with your fault.

No worries.

Just a bit of free advice.

If you ask a question about a fault, give as much info as you can.

For example.

"My car seems to have a noise from the engine bay."

Things that you may get asked, and would be easier to diagnose your fault if info was given, could be.

1. Was it at operating temperature. when it first occurred I was changing the different tunes to see what kind of psi they had and it happened just stopped on 3 psi now ever since its been stuck on 3. (I only bought the ute 3 weeks ago too so its new for me) was at normal temperature

2. Under load, at idle or just free revving the engine. free revving the engine

3. Does it happen all the time or only some of the time. all the time since first happened

4. What type of fuel do you use. only ever use 98ron

5. Has your car been modified, if so what components and what sort of boost pressure are you running. it was on 12-13psi it has had injectors, fuel pump, 3 inch exhaust, f6 bottom end, type 1 turbosmart bov, hdi intercooler kit, crow cam valve springs,

6. Generic or custom tune.??? the guy I bought it off said it had custom tunes but both were done before and half way through doing mods but I dont think its the flashtunes because it was fine then just stopped.

And possibly many more.

Hope this helps and good luck with your fault.

I tried the solenoid maintenance now it just gets to the 3 psi alot easier haha. no mysterious noises from engine bay just not making much boost. this is all I can think of sorry mate

You might want to take it to a tuner to have a look at on the dyno then.

My boost is back!!! haha just stupid problem one of the pipes was loose and now because I did the solenoid maintenance the boost is better than ever. thanks heaps guys. im going to get it on the dyno soon anyway for a tune. very interested to see what kind of power im looking at