New Fg Xr6t Drive Away Price

n0marko

• Member For: 15y 8m 22d
Is that that case even when this is the last version of the inline 6? And it'll be changing to a 3.X litre V6?

It's not changing.. they canned that idea and will be continuing to use their i6 engine. But yes, if a new model comes out (a mkII of the FG), then expect the original FG's to drop a little.

Edited by Arkayne

• Member For: 15y 8m 24d

That's pretty much the on-roads thrown in(rrp $40494), which is usually about $2700... So your 3k or so up. Not bad if its a new car, not one they have in stock. Make sure you bargain them down for any options, especially factory fitted if your ordering it new. The sports pack is minimum!

Haven't called any dealers yet, but since this will be my first "new car" buy (or second hand if I can find one with all these options), what do you reckon about me thinking I can get one for $45k?

I'm looking to get an automatic fg xr6turbo (octane or ego) with premium sound, tech pack, tinted windows, paint protection and xr floor mats (and maybe even the reverse camera & sensors).

Is it reasonable to think I can get this for under $45k driveaway price? Or should I start looking into second hand / ex demo?

Without reverse sensors & camera, I'd assume this would be way under priced for staff discount as we've all seen the price of a brand new XR6 turbo. I quoted it at $40k with factory extras.. so I'd assume with a 5k markup, that it wouldn't be too unreasonable?

Maybe I should start looking into second hand cars.. :(

Edited by Arkayne

I got quoted 41k on the road(on-roads for non-staff are touch under 3k) for a new black XR6T Ute w/ZF auto, lux pack and hard tonnea, which is staff price. I'd be confident to get this below 40k, still....

I'd imagine retail would be nudging 50k.

Trick is to pick your time. You can get an XR6 sedan for 35k drive away atm. + If you know someone that works at Ford, 2 friends of 1 staff member are currently able to get staff

discount....

Edited by -MARTY54-

Do you know if that friend discount applies to automatic XR6t's as well? I've got someone planning to give me one, but since I'm looking to buy off the lot, I don't know if it would be manual or auto (both are great for me, drove the auto and loved it, but the manual would seem to be more fun).

Where are you from MARTY? Some other people in this forum quoted $42k for an XR6 turbo sedan that had tech pack & floor mats driveaway price in Sydney.. I don't think a ute with staff discount should cost you $40k, even with the options you took??

Edited by Arkayne

I have the sheet in front of me(staff discount for friends).

XR6T Sedan(M) - 35,447

Auto is 2k on top obviously($1550 staff). On-roads is between 2.5k-3k.

So 40k or so drive away for an auto. I'm not sure how much you'd be able to work that down... maybe a little. Obviously if you buy off the lot its a different story.. they

will do a good deal. Not sure if they will apply this discount to those or not?? I wouldn't expect them to be moving too much with this friends deal. Personally I'm gonna wait till

this deal is over to buy mine.

One thing is for SURE. The dealer is refunded by the factory for the staff discount, it has nothing to do with their profit on the purchase!!! I've been through this before.

My girlfriend just got a new Zetec Fiesta and they tried to pull the "your already getting a great discount(staff), we can't budge any more" this is GARBAGE.

What I got quoted(on the ute) was the 1st price I got. I'd expect to get it down to 37-38ish... not too much further. What I'm thinking now is going for the sedan instead

as I don't need as many options (18s etc.). Extras kill you!

• Member For: 15y 10m

I just spoke to a dealer regarding a price on an xr8 ute (not a turbo but should be within a thousand dollars or so) and they would not even do the price I had already been given. I was quoted $41000 drive away with the $1000 sports package. Was not on an instock vehicle either.

How can 2 dealers be so different in prices. The second dealer said they would lose $3600 on the deal if they sold it to me for $41000?

Can anyone confirm if that is true? Remember that this vehicle will have to be built and will still be at the factory after June 1st so would be subject to the 2-3% price rise.

Cheers