New Fg Xr6t Drive Away Price

n0marko

• Member For: 15y 4m 13d
I have the sheet in front of me(staff discount for friends).

XR6T Sedan(M) - 35,447

You've got to be kidding?! An FG XR6 Turbo for $35,447? I thought RRP was $10,000 more at least, not including on roads and stuff. I mean, second hand FG XR6 Turbo's, 2008 are going for $36k - $40k+ That's gonna blow the resale value out of the water!

• Member For: 15y 8m 10d
XR6T Sedan(M) - 35,447

Ford staff and friend discounts kick arse, I'd probably take one too if it weren't for the dreaded P plate restrictions.

• Member For: 15y 8m 22d

Unfortunately (of course, it depends how hard dealers look for you), I called several ford dealers in Melbourne and Sydney regarding this friendship deal.

Firstly, the deal applies to only cars built pre-April. So if you want a new one built from factory, forget about it. It won't apply. This is what ALL dealers told me.

Secondly, the only one I could find in Melbourne was a Nitro (light blue) XR6T sedan with NO factory options, not even the colored screen.

Unfortunately, I caved in and bought an ex-demo car locally, was pretty cheap, but no where near the friendship price.

I'd say you guys better go hunting in a few different cities, Australia wide, to find a car under the friendship deal, and don't be picky about it either. If you want it at that price, you'll get what you get.

That sounds about fair to me...I wonder if they'll be doing this next year when I'm looking!

Do you don't actually have to have a friend there...they'll just do a friendship deal?

• Member For: 15y 8m 24d

Direct family members of Ford employees always get the discount, for that your required to have the staff member sign a form to authorise it. I'd imagine this friends deal would be the same... authorisation required.

Economic forecasting suggests perhaps things won't be as bad in 2010(friend deal doubtful), you may however pickup a run-out FG when the FG MkII comes out mid next year.

Unless run-out deals are in the same range as the friends deal, we're gonna have to stick to 2nd hand. The more I look at it, the more I like the FG! I wonder how much better the MK II will be, but when you're working on a budget, you have to get what you can afford!