New Fg Xr6t Drive Away Price

n0marko

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d
I got an XR6 turbo in manual Ego with Tech pack, tint and XR matts for $42500 Driveaway.

Nice deal to get but most of us would be forced to trade and its the trade in prices where we all lose out. I shudder to think what they would offer for mine so I stopped thinking about it.

I.B.

• Member For: 18y 11m 1d

Yeah, I was pretty happy with it... I traded in my 03 STi with 80,xxx km's and got what I thought was a very fair price ($27k). I guess that the STi may hold it's value a little better than most Fords though?!?!? What are the F6's resale like?

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 1d

F6 resale is pretty poor, ive heard of people picking up 20K km 07-08 BF F6's for very low 30's etc... pricings all over the shop.. I was offered $24-34k for my BA F6 as a trade on a secondhand FG T / G6ET.. all similar cars for the same cash, just the trade value varied... best non-trade offer from a dealer was $32k as they had SFA stock

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 1d

theres 08 sub 20K km FG T's now for late 30's so resale wont be too flash.. I think anything with a ford or Expensive Daewoo badge wont really retain value unless its something limited or special

• Member For: 15y 4m 13d

Low $20's isn't bad I suppose. Nothing like the AU! Hopefully the FG should hold it's value a lil' better then the BA/BF though. A few of the publications are actually saying that the turbo will become a collectable. Is that possible? Or would one have to keep it under lock and key and never drive it and then bring it out 30 years down the track when we're all in flying cars?

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 22d

'Speculation' is that within 10-15 years the large, front-engine/rear-wheel-drive car will be a thing of the past.

If yours is a daily driver I can't imagine it'll be worth a fortune, but it could hold its value slightly better than any other 10-15 year-old car. Or something.

• Member For: 15y 8m 22d

But like most cars, even the commodores, as soon as a "new" version comes out, like the FG did to the BF, the price of the previous model will drop, no matter what. So the FG will keep quite a high value for years to come, until newer versions come out.