New Fg Xr6t Drive Away Price

n0marko

• Member For: 15y 8m 4d

g'day gents, new to the forum and wondering what everyone else has been paying for their fg xr6ts.

My best quote so far is $50,000 drive away from a Ford dealer in Perth.

this includes:

- luxury pack.

- prestige paint.

- stamp duty.

- 6 months rego.

- scuff plates.

- mats.

They say vehicle prices are going up by 2% in march.

Test drive tomorrow!!

• Member For: 17y 5m 21d
They say vehicle prices are going up by 2% in march.

I think there is a thread not too old that details what people are paying for FGs. That said, id be surprised if they did up the prices by 2%. I mean they are having enough trouble shifting stock as it is! The only reason all of the import brands are raising prices is because of the fall in the dollar, which ford as a local manufacturer (for falcon) is not affected by very much.

Cheers,

Michael

• Member For: 18y 7m 10d

I would not belive that flacons will increase by 2%. With such poor sales atm what would Ford expect to happen when they increase the price tag.

With the fall in the economy people will have less to spend on luxery items, so Ford will have to make their prices more competative not increase them.

I actually bought a set of surrond sound speakers (in dec 08) and the salesman told me he would give me little discount and id better buynow because there would be a huge jump of 30% in the new year. Again bullsh*t, just companies trying to scare people into buying up and increasing their sales.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 30d

Same reason the price of a loaf of bread rises from time to time I guess :w00t2:

Doesn’t apply to FPVs though...they must have realised they are overpriced pretentious machines as it is :bowdown:

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 10m 20d

Why I jumped at my FG XR6T, was a Pre-September model. Hence about $7K off the price. $42K drive away. $27K trade on the MPS. If the price is going up and I wanted additional extras (which I don't really care about).

To be honest, seem to be the better deal for me to go for it now as opposed to waiting a while for my car to sell privately, order a new one (or hope one I want was already at a Ford dealer) as I couldn't see me getting more then $29,500 for a 2006 MPS with the new Mazda 3 MPS just being around the corner if I wanted a quick sale.

Edited by HellionXR6T