V8 Supercars 2009

phantomchic

• Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom!
  • Member For: 19y 10m 22d

My money is on Frosty this year!

I also think Courtney will perform better and more consistant this time around.

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 14d

Hey baz.Whats the 9 like on fuel.The missus wants a new SUV and going by the build quility of her current mazda,she,s keen on the 9.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 9d

VESA confirms qualifying changes

Monday 06/04/2009 17:00

Author: Briar Gunther | Source: BigPond Sport - copyright

BigPond Sport - copyright

V8 Supercars Australia (VESA) has changed the qualifying format in time for the Hamilton 400 to give fans two distinct and stand-alone race days on an event weekend.

VESA had initially rolled out rule changes for the 2009 season where a single qualifying session determined a driver’s grid position for both races on a dual-race weekend.

But feedback received from drivers, teams and V8 Supercar fans after the Clipsal 500 demonstrated strong support for an individual qualifying session for each race.

Starting at the Hamilton 400 in New Zealand next week, a 20-minute qualifying session will be held on Sunday morning at all two-race weekends.

The original format of two qualifying sessions totaling 35 minutes followed by a Top 10 Shootout will be retained in the lead up to the Saturday races, while on Sundays the shorter (20-minute) session will set a new grid for race two.

The VESA Board ratified the Sunday qualifying session during a teleconference last Friday, April 3 and VESA Chief Executive Officer, Cameron Levick, announced the changes today (Monday).

V8 NEWS LINKY

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 9d

Extra qualifying session applauded

Thursday 09/04/2009 17:15

Author: Briar Gunther | Source: BigPond Sport - copyright

Seperate qualifying for each race.

V8 Supercar champions Jamie Whincup and Garth Tander have both applauded the decision to hold a specific qualifying session for Sunday races in 2009.

V8 Supercars Australia (VESA) announced on Monday that a 20-minute qualifying session will be held on the Sunday morning at all two-race events.

VESA had initially rolled out rule changes for the 2009 season where a single qualifying session determined a driver's grid position for both races on a dual-race weekend and both Whincup and Tander were two of many opponents to the format.

Whincup, who drives for TeamVodafone and is the reigning Champion, welcomed the extra qualifying session................

New Link

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 13d

The Expensive Daewoo brigade at my work all pretend , they dont watch the v8 supercars any more , so I know whos kiking some ass lol :beerchug: