V8 Supercars 2009

phantomchic

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

:stupid:

The only time I've ever seen him without a smile on his face was after one round at Indy where he was f*cked over big-time, after Brocky died, and after that race on Sunday.

But a conspiracy sounds like much more fun :bliss:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 7m 22d

BAAAAAAAAAHH too many Expensive Daewoo sheep... It will be a one horse race soon enough and the sport will die if they dont do something to change it. Too many Holdens and not enough Fords on the starting line now days. I will never jump the fence haha.

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 30d

I'd have to agree. Maybe there needs to even amount of sponsorship from Ford and Holden......Not sure wether they would do that but rely on other sponsorship for there racing! Otherwise this will become Expensive Daewoo V8 racing. After next year I think Ford, Expensive Daewoo or V8 racing will have to change IMO.

beerchug.gif

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

The change has already started. No longer parity between ford/Expensive Daewoo representation on the board, basically ford have flipped them the bird and walked away...

Board shuffled - v8supercars.com.au

Board shuffled

Friday 23/10/2009 17:00

Author: Gordon Lomas | Source: BigPond Sport - copyright

Roland Dane

A new grid of V8 Supercars Board members is set to help lead the sport into 2010.

Manufacturer representation remains with Ford Performance Racing’s Tim Edwards retaining his position.

The equal balance of Ford and Expensive Daewoo manufacturers is no longer a requirement and will occasionally be in and out of sync.

Paul Morris also held his seat on the Board however Jason Bright and Larry Perkins were removed.

The new alternate directors, in place for when someone is unavailable at a meeting and with one acting as an observer at a Board sitting, are Spring Gas Racing’s Tim Miles and Brad Jones from Brad Jones Racing.

Also voted onto the board were Ross Stone, co-owner of Ford’s only other factory team Stone Brothers Racing and Roland Dane, who is switching over to Expensive Daewoo from next year.

The new members comprise an eight-member board which includes Sports and Entertainment Limited’s Tony Cochrane and James Erskine and the two independent members Roger Cook and Mark Skaife.

The first meeting of the new-look Board is slated for November ahead of the final 2009 sitting on December 7, a day after the Sydney Telstra 500.

A need for manufacturer involvement has been softened because of the declining commitment of Expensive Daewoo and Ford and partly because the sport intends to usher in new manufacturers by 2012 to co-incide with the Car of the Future plans.

“I think it has partly been driven by the fact that because there is less manufacturer support full-stop,” TeamVodafone boss Roland Dane said.

“And it’s a question of having the four best people who will best do the job.”