Rear Or Centre Muffler Removed ?

OzTEXS

• Member For: 17y 6m 13d

Hi Guys,

I've been reading some post on this forum regarding the removal of the centre muffler .. so I decided to get it done.

However .. I went to 2 muffler places here in Sydney (Bankstown Mufflers and Budget Mufflers in Merrylands) and both of them said I should just get the rear muffler removed totally with strait through or resonators put in.

I cant find a thread where someone removed the rear muffler for a better sound ??

lol you didnt need much convincing. quite a step up from what you originally planned!

yeah well .. luckly the owner needed some IT work .. so I offered to get his network setup.

so its not really costing me anything.

:blink:

picked up the car .. sounds sweeet, not as loud as I though it would be .. actually quite quiet under 2000rpms.

did notice the tingy sound people keep referring to when describing the sound from a S/S system.

I dont even know what size the exhaust is .. S/S cat back is all he told me. I didnt really plan on getting a S/S system so I didnt really research it.

either way .. I am happy with the looks (dual rear tips) and sound .. not sure if it improves performance.

but my wife drives the car more then me .. so she's the one who wanted the zort in the 1st place !