On The Lookout For An Ex-demo Fg G6e Turbo.

G6ET8U

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 27d

Cheers boys!!

Envy, I hope it is going well for him mate. I really miss that car!! I never sent him all the receipts and dyno reports that it had. If he still wants them I am happy to send them as I no longer have any of his details. PM me if you want to on his behalf/

I pick the car up on Thursday hopefully in the morning!! I'm excited!! lol

Jack :spoton:

To also answer the question do I intend to modify this one... yes I do.

Maybe not as far as my old car but it will certainly come in for a 'little' attention... as much as I would like to leave it alone I just know I won't be able to. So why fight it. LOL Just accept it and move on!

Jack :blaah:

Edited by HYPOG6

HYPOG6 lives. I've ordered the plates from Vic Roads. Now it is up the boys at Barwon to make them for me...

Jack :thumbsup:

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 11d
as much as I would like to leave it alone I just know I won't be able to.
HYPOG6 lives. I've ordered the plates from Vic Roads.

Roughly 1 hour you did well... :thumbsup:

I had to get them Dag's... God himself can only hope that I don't modify it just as quick as I got the plates...

I'll need an LSD...

LOL

Jack :spoton:

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 30d

Sorry Jack but HYPOG6 just won't work on a tame 300rwkw car, I think your going to have to go off the chain with this one :spoton:

I picked up my new car this morning and I've been out all day driving around and seeing friends.

First impression is WOW! My last car was a BA Fairmont Ghia and this is essentially the same thing (even down to the colour being black on black...) but in a newer updated model, plus/minus the turbo of course. The difference between the two cars is just astounding. The ZF is just brilliant, I know it's been said on here for ever and a day since they were released but I will add my voice that the chorus. Amazing.

The interior is beautiful. The leather in the car in particular seems to be a different grade, it's softer and more supple, nicer to sit in. The ICC and colour screen are excellent, I love how it tells you what song is playing on the station you are listening to (Bar 101.9 Fox FM for some reason...). Moving the trip computer settings and displays to the centre of the cluster is a great move too including a digital speedo readout to go along with the analogue dial and also the single km/h incremental changes you can make to the cruise control.

If you are thinking of getting one, you should... it's as simple as that.

Jack :tonguepoke:

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 22d

I've noticed 105.1 Triple M seems to just say "YOU" which makes me laugh for some reason. I love the cruise control too, was impressed when the salesman showed it to me. Sounds insignificant but it's great compared to my old VX Berlina where it went up in increments of either 1.5 or 1.6 (can't remember which, 1.6 probably makes more sense though?).

I like the digital speedo too - except it makes it 'harder' to speed. When you're on the analogue dial and you're in say a 70 zone, you can happily sit on 75 or just between 75 and 80. I find that, mentally speaking, if I'm looking at the digital speedo... it just feels weird to sit on even 72 or 73!

Then of course there's the temptation to just sink the right boot and hope there are no cops around :idunno: