''t56'' Noises

Strike_Lightning

• Mad Scientist
  • Member For: 19y 9m 22d
How do you work that out?

Ford don't make the gearbox.

If you want to try and quieten it down, try a synthetic oil in the gearbox.

Other than that, as many have already said, it is normal.

If you don't like it then buy an auto.

the boxes aren't blueprinted and balanced from factory are they? as said above, theres info on it in Mal's section.

I already use tranzmax z in my box, and the noise is still audible.

it may be normal, but I've heard some cars that are worse than others too...

and I'm not complaining, I'm happy with my manual :crybaby: you dont hear the noise at fullboost past HSV's.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 17d

I have a brand new Malwoods T56 which is supposed to be blueprinted and it is just the same. Something to do with idle quality which is why a/c affects the noise. Try putting 5 litres of transmax z oil in, only problem is it only comes in 4 litres

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 12d

My noises is identical to yours Strike_lightning, the box "rattles" when the aircon is on, and makes less noise when it is off. I get rattle at really low revs in 1st gear too. Mine has TranzmaxZ in the box, I noticed no change in rattle noise but it did shift a whole lot smoother.

Going by what Turbo Vixen said, are these 2 seperate noises, Rollover and throwout bearing, or is it all related to roll over noise?

• Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 28d

throw out bearing noise is when the clutch is out in neutral but it goes away when you push the clutch in, its been happenin since the first falcons and there isnt much you can do about it.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 26d

You've got it back to front...

The throw out bearing as you call it contacts the pressure plate when the pedal is pushed in. That's when you'll hear throw out bearing noise. Not when your foot is off the clutch.

Noisy throw out bearings happen on every form of manual. It's not just a Falcon thing. The bearing gets dry and in some cases it fails completely.

Roll over noise is just all the internals of the box turning over. They're constant mesh after all so even in neutral there's a lot turning around in there still.

• Strike_Lightning
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 28d

Mmm, thanks guys/gals

Seems there are a lot of ''t's'' out there with this noise, which can be eliminated by simply raising the idle speed to approx 950rpm which I will be endevouring to do when it is tuned in the near future. These cars are great but I just think that there is a little room for improvement in a few minor ways that will make them even better.

Not sure what the FG's are like maybe ill go test drive one, one day- but that's a whole other story.

Thanks again all and a happy new year to you.

Dave G

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 10d
Seems there are a lot of ''t's'' out there with this noise, which can be eliminated by simply raising the idle speed to approx 950rpm which I will be endevouring to do when it is tuned in the near future.

Dave G

Any updates. Just wondering if you've had and success with raising the idle when retuned, to reduced the noise.

I doubt it will make much difference, but would love to be proved wrong on this.

• Strike_Lightning
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 28d

No Pete, havnt had the tune yet, still waiting for the guys to get back from their christmas break. Some time in early Feb probably. Ill update as soon as its done.Think it will work though because if I raise the idle to approx 950rpm with the accelerator, the noise goes away.

Cheers Dave g

Edited by Strike_Lightning