Idle Problem/stalling Randomly

ViKiRs

• Member For: 15y 10m 17d
Got a call today from Ford, and got told they cant fix my car because its been modded. WTF? Tried to tell the twit it was stock but instead got a firm

answer from him that I had someway (according to the mech notes) modified the PCM, the throttle body and exhaust. Fustrated I cut the conversation short and called back later to get ahold of the tech workin on my car.

From the tech we concluded the exhaust is stock, the piping and pcm. In short they tried to pass the blame onto a possible modifcation instead of truthfully sayin 'WE HAVE NO "F$ :spoton: ING" IDEA WHATS WRONG WITH IT'.

At the conclusion I recommend the suggests from this forum. And was very clear about what I want done. VERY CLEAR! *end of conversation*

Hours later I get a call sayin my car is ready to be picked up. Yes its easier to say your car is ready to be pickup instead of saying 'your cars fixed'.

I get there, pay the bill and get a quick note what they did. In short they cleaned the throttlebody for the 3rd time, cleared the errors for the 2nd time and changed the air filter. How many times more are we going to do this to relise it wont work. They didnt do the specfics I asked. Bloody hopeless!

.......Drive away and the problem persist... :censored:

They also said if it doesnt work, the PCM will need to be replaced which will be expensive I am told. Can someone please point me in the right direction in locating a PCM? perhaps from a wreckers etc (cant find anything in SE QLD)

Sorry its not related to your topic but I just cant stand ford dealerships. I had a drama with my xr6t and the computer told the mechanic it was a wastegate problem so ford told me they had to take the turbo off to inspect (which I had already inspected the wastegate by removing the dump). I refused took it to the nearest tuner they took the cat off and found it collapsed. Saved me possibly thousands. I will refuse to take my car to ford when a decent tuner will find your problem more often than not. Sorry had to get that off my chest!

• Member For: 16y 7m 21d

Scratch that, got some better light and discovered it under oil.

Wires are fine on the exhaust side, before I commit to it what is involved in getting to the intake side sensor? Looks like I'll need to take intake off.

What else should I check, I just don't see how it could be coils because car doesn't run too bad when your actually driving it.

• Member For: 15y 11m 2d

Had same problem when I first got my car got it serviced and checked everything.just redid gaps on plugs and basic service stuff doesn't stall anymore but revs sometimes still jump up and down at idle

• 14 years later...