Car Won't Start!

poita85

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 21d

Hey everyone, I was playing around with my car this arvo (trying to install an xbox) and was making a hole in the rubber gromet near the brake booster as shown in the image in the link below from MrBeans carputer install.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MrB...ewall_close.jpg

I had nearly made the hole big enough and then the radio was on and it just turned off. I truned it back on and ~30 seconds later it turned off again, and the boot also popped... Now the radio won't turn on and when I go to start the car it just makes a ticking noise and doesn't even crank at all.... I disconnected the battery and the radio came on for a couple seconds and that was about it before it tured itself off straight away.

Please help! Thanks, Peter.

• iTs alL DaRDy........
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 21d

couple of things it will be one of them mate!

1.) Dirty or loose battery terminals

2.) Battery gone flat from having accsessorys on 2 long

3.) battery Faulty- I'd Bet your batt has just given up the ghost!

good luck

• Me
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 29d

Flat battery or dirty terminals would b a heck of a coincidence, though possible.

You say you were making a hole? Presumably this hole was for wiring you have already threaded somewhere, like under the dash? And were you making the hole from inside the car or from the engine bay?

• Donating Members
Flat battery or dirty terminals would b a heck of a coincidence, though possible.

You say you were making a hole? Presumably this hole was for wiring you have already threaded somewhere, like under the dash? And were you making the hole from inside the car or from the engine bay?

I hadn't done the wiring yet as I wanted to make the hole in the rubber gromet first which is the weird thing. The gromet through the firewall was just rubber and I was gonna put it through the the same spot as in the photo above. I had a file through the engine bay, but theres no wiring in the way though.

I just had the battery disconnected on the charger for an hour or so, just to see if it would at least try to crank, but it said security code error on the ICC and when I went to crank it I could hear a relay clicking around the fuse box area and it did nothing. Thing is the car was driven last night and had the cd player on for an hour or 2 at the most. I might check all of the fuses.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Donating Members

I nearly think the battery may be dead, it did crank just before for a second, and it was fairly slow... It's just I'm used to my old monaro, youd get in her and when the battery is on the way out you'd notice it cranking slower over a period of however long. This was cranking fine, I'll find out soon when my mate comes round, I'll chuck some jumper leads on and see what happens. Another quick thing, whats good for cleaning battery terminals, will something like metho do the trick?

Cheers

• iTs alL DaRDy........
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 21d
couple of things it will be one of them mate!

1.) Dirty or loose battery terminals

2.) Battery gone flat from having accsessorys on 2 long

3.) battery Faulty- I'd Bet your batt has just given up the ghost!

good luck

mate I have a fair idea your a sucker for 3.)