Rear Vision And Electric Seat Memory

JJs

• Member For: 18y 2m

Toyota, Expensive Daewoo are also the same, a bunch of teenagers working in the service department. Gotta wonder if anyone at the dealerships know that the fork they are going as most of the service managers I have talked to have no forking idea themselves about basic mechanical things.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 6d

Sorry its been a while since I was on the forum, and I didnt mean for my response earlier to sound glib.

What I meant was that it IS a little confusing, but if you persevere and read the manual carefully then it should work for you. But I didnt go on to explain how to do it because presumably the OP has the manual to refer to.

Anyway its a moot point isnt it because as it turns out he had a fault! So glad it was fixed for you!

• Member For: 15y 11m 17d

Don't know, JJ's may still be broken.... or not setup. I knew mine was rooted from the start, it was pretty easy to setup, but mine was clearing as soon as the car was switched off.

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 10m 20d

the manual is very confusing, I don't know if ford fixed it (they tried a few things but didn't think they had) or I accidentally set it up correctly after Ford looked at it, either way it now works a dream and is a brilliant feature.

But now I have another challenge:

Mine doesnt reset the seats from unlocking with the remote key, you actually have to get in and push one of the memory buttons. If my wife drives it using my key (which is normal as the spare key id put away somewhere safe) and she moves the seat, gets out and locks the car without moving the seat back this now becomes the new memory position.

In my last car, if you unlock it using the key remote the seats would automatically move back to the memory position of that particular key, this is a very useful feature.

I think my seat module is stuffed but Ford cant tell me if this is normal or not........

Does anyone know if the seat should move when unlocking with the remote?

Thanks

• Team Grandpa Qualified
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 8d

The way I read it, it should. But mine doesn't, dammit. :beerchug:

Ten points to someone if they CAN clarify how to set it up properly!

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 26d

Yes they should, but I think your question was answered elsewhere JJ. It will (should) remember mirror, seat, dash, ICC & audio settings for the first two keys that are used with the vehicle. These are restored to the position(s) in-use the last time the respective key was used whenever you unlock the car or turn the key in the ignition (if the vehicle was already unlocked).

The three memory buttons on the seat are additional to the two keys, although I'm not sure if they're just for the seat or if it's for all settings as per the keys? :violent085:

• Member For: 16y 2m 17d

well thanks to this thread I have enabled the auto dip fuction! greatest thing ever, I like to get close to gutters, but don't want scratched rims! I used to manually move it, but now AUTO DIP! how lost I would be without forums ROFL...

• Team Grandpa Qualified
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 8d

And since then, I've taken another look at mine; deck chair, cheese, glass of red, handbook, two sets of keys and the drivers door open. You get the picture. And I THINK I've sorted it. :beerchug:

Now it's time for a categorical statement - whoever wrote this handbook section has an honours degree in left handed Swahili. :fool: (Nothing against cacky handers, or Swahilians - but he / she won the quinella....).

If there's enough interest, I'll form a committee and re-write it (just the "how to set up your smart assed seat" section), then post it up. But only if demand peaks in the next 24 hours.

• Member For: 16y 2m 17d

yes good idea. I had my gf sitting next to me listening, as I had to read it out aloud a few times to make sense of it.

how many people does it take to auto dip a mirror? everyone who buys an fg lol

• 3 weeks later...