Traction Control

wilba

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Damn You's A Sexy Chich
  • Member For: 16y 7m 5d

non abs is better on dirt than abs IMO non abs allows the dirt to sort of "pile up" in front of the tire, thus slowing the car quicker in a straight line abs will drive over the pile, but no matter what you do, the driver is always gonna be the error point...

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

The early ABS systems had all sorts of issues on corrugated dirt, but they supposedly got around it in the newer systems.

The ABS in my ute(s) has saved Skippy's life a few times on dirt roads, mainly because it gives you the ability to steer around an obstacle under brakes...you've gotta be a fairly skilled driver (or a drift king) to do that without these technologicamal advances!

• NOT THERE!... THERE!
  • Member For: 16y 4m 29d

It's a given that the point where maximum acceleration is achieved is at the very edge of breaking traction, same goes for braking.

TC doesn't let me get ANYWHERE near that point, ABS on the other hand, gets pretty damn close.

It's nearly caused me at least one accident and I won't be letting it cause another.

It also doesn't seem too far fetched that in a car with more power than standard the rapid stop/start motion would do sh*tty things to your driveline.

Edited by Ghosti

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 16d

Yep im also one of those ppl who turns it off as soon as I start the car. Why?? its not because I dont like it. Its because on WOT with it active and it senses a slip or what ever it CUTS fuel. Think about it. Bugger all fuel full boost = Bang.. Ie a con rod or piston having sex with the side of your motor.. Oil everywhere.

Now I dont drive on WOT all the time but when I do, when the car is under full load I want nothing on that could possibly cause the motor to be under moore strees

Obviuosly in the wet I leave it on and I drive to the conditions.

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 4d

I used to turn it of and spin the f*ck out of the back wheels, why, because I could. Why dont you all just come out and say it, instead of hiding behind weak arguments of it not being safe or a hazard to your vehicle.

Scotty