New Diff Bush Available!?

XRSics

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 22d

The post made sense to me dude. What a pain in the butt, why didn't they replace them all while the whole rear end was dropped down? friggen tight asses!

I haven't had to take my car in for any warranty yet, but I've got little faith with them, I don't even want to leave my car with them for half a day just to replace a little bit of trim inside the car.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 24d

yer, I can hear it now "no sir, it's supposed to be like that, It was an option trim pakage"

I was told when I booked in that all would be replaced to "newly released" ones.

I didnt finish work till they shut, so didnt really get to speak to them bout the new bush or get any piccy's.

• Member For: 16y 2m 4d
so I gets me car back only to find out that they have also onlyy replaced 1 bush in the diff.... so now I have 1 new nolethane bush, 1 half f*&kd normal bush, and 1 pretty much F*^$ed old bush.

It was in hearing this all my trust in ford has been diminished. I will never ever buy another new ford, or 1 that is in warranty, as warranty means sh*t all

This is just one of the reasons I argued with him about (sevice dude) Im sick of hearing their excuses, and "that's normal" when u know its not.

Sorry yall 4 whining but just had to get it out

got it back the other day but have been putting this reply off

Wouldn't suprise me them just fixing one bush! They are tighter than a nuns nasty when it comes to that stuff! They old saying is for them if it aint broke don't fix!

Hey I have the same prob, my car goes in on the 10th to get fixed... anyway I was speaking to a bloke at the aff charity day today and he used to be a mechanic for the police or something and he was always fixing them... he told me to put in a falcrum polyurethane dif center bush... The BF ones are different to the BA heres the catalogue..

http://203.31.191.243/fulcrumCat/

and heres the item id..

SPF3232K

Im going to check it out see if they are what were looking for

I had pedders bushes put in ( pretty red colour ) the mechanic who did the install hadnt used the nolathane ones before but he thought that they have a good chance of a long life, much better than standard 1s anyway, plus the bushes dont have to be pressed in as they just use the old 'cups' and the nolly bush sits strait in. only time will tell . . . . . . .

What did that one cost you TED?

Hi senna T

I had my bearings done at the same time ( noisey as hell between 80-100 kmphr) but he quoted me from memory $600 ish which was the same price as getting standard bushes done as mechanic said the bushes cost more but with time saved in pressing them ( just scraped/burnt out old rubber 1s) it was a item cost verses labor cost which came to the same pretty much.

Any1 had prices quotes on cost? I dont think I got ripped I thought I got a good price