What Do The Gurus Think About These Speakers?

el2bfturbo

• Member For: 15y 11m

thanks all,

after looking more on the forum I came across the adaptor you can buy off ebay for nothing which makes my job even easier. from your comments will do steering clear of those speakers and think I'll follow the tried and true method of getting the splits up front. I don't mind spending the $300 range for good speakers but this jaycar thing sounds alright for amps, I was going to go that path with my old car but ended up getting the T before I replaced the sub after some dodgy *beep* ripped it off. anyone vouch for jaycar cos I've personally heard it's not too bad for the price but have never known anyone with it in

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 29d

Go here and register- http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/forums/index.php

Do some searching and start a thread if need be, Damien Dupriez highly recommends their line and he has been in the game for a long time.

I have used there amps and love them, price is unbeatable and although they aren't the 'prettiest' looking amps they do the job well.

Plus on that forum I have bought many things with no problems and cheap to boot.

Earthquake 12in Magma $200 delivered in perfect nick and is now my home theatre sub!

• Member For: 16y 29d

When I was first looking at speakers I WAS going to buy those 5x7's you mentioned, lucky for me then they were out of stock at he time. I ended up with a pair of 6.5" and have used some mdf to create a spacer and have mounted them with pretty good results.

It all depends on what you are after at the end of the day. Some look for greater improvements than others and it boils down to your budget. Audition before buying if you can, would be my tip!

re Jaycar amps, it's not often I hear bad things about them. I've read in numerous reviews that they always come out on top not only for outright performance but also value for money. Being 'better' than amps that cost substantially more.

• Member For: 18y 10m 7d

The good old Response amps, my mate is a audio fitter and dealer and he deals in these products and from what ive heard out of his car tells me there not bad. I just bought a response amp from another mate who just closed down a Jaycar stockist electronics store, I think its a 100wpc 4channel, plain looking but the quality is beyond the pretty case.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 16d
thanks all,

after looking more on the forum I came across the adaptor you can buy off ebay for nothing which makes my job even easier. from your comments will do steering clear of those speakers and think I'll follow the tried and true method of getting the splits up front. I don't mind spending the $300 range for good speakers but this jaycar thing sounds alright for amps, I was going to go that path with my old car but ended up getting the T before I replaced the sub after some dodgy *beep* ripped it off. anyone vouch for jaycar cos I've personally heard it's not too bad for the price but have never known anyone with it in

Not personally used or installed any Jaycar gear, however I have heard 2 systems which used Jaycar amps etc... and they didnt sound to bad...

one thin u need to remember when it comes to audio is YOU - its all about u and personal preference...

The way I, like to hear a speaker produce the recording may be different to other members, and different to you... so best check them out for yourself...

As for bang for buck on the Jaycar gear I 'believe' it is meant to be not bad - however again I have not used any of it and probably wouldnt...

For a recommendation I would point you towards Pioneer E Series speakers, and a Pioneer, or Clarion Amp for the money....

Subs try a JL if you can stretch some $$$...

If you not after a big system and dont want to spend to much... JB Hifi have some specials - sub+amp which they run... this will get you a half decent pack to wack in the boot if u want some extra bass... (Steer away from the Cadiance, and own JB Brands - sorry forget the second brand they call their own)...

Speakers - Front look at splits in a 6" or 6.5" - Pioneer are good for splits, as are some of the Clarion range, and I think from memory Boston have a S60 which is about 250$... But again remember its what YOU LIKE the sound of!

Amps - Pioneer, Clarion, should get you out of trouble... Kenwood I feel and found to be very over spec'ed so just use cation with Kenwood...

Have a look at a few websites like www.ryda.com.au which will give you a good guide on pricing for the brand they carry...

Talk to a store and check what speakers will match what amps... you always better to get a higher grade amp (output) then what the speakers handle - this will insure that you always send 'clean' power and sound to the speakers which will avoid amp distortion... Just use discretion with volume levels so you dont over drive the speaker drivers...

anyways hope this helps!

:innocent:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 28d

Hey all I am New to the Forum

But Love my audio

I have Kenwood 6X9 and they fit in the rear parcel shelf in the BA's and I have a Pair on Pioneer Split's in the front