Grind Noise On Take Off..

matts_bf07

hey when I start to take off I get a grind noise sounds like its comming from the back, it goes away after a second my brother thinks it might be the cv joints or something. it sounds like my old hilux when I ran the brake pads down to the metal but only makes the noise when the clutch is almost fully out. so if anyone could sheed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m

Mine does it to. But only if you try a slightly quicker than average take off... It sort of feels like a grinding/rubbing noise. I thought it might be the diff bush but I don't know anything about that sort of stuff

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 23d

Hmmm, could be CVs or clutch related - hard to diagnose without hearing it though...

Can you replicate it whenever you want? If you can get the car to do it then maybe you can show a mechanic or a Ford service tech.

if I do a normal take off it maked the noise, the only way I can stop the noise is to take off with next to no revs...

if I stay in first gear and stay around 1000 revs and put my foot lightly on the brake the sound comes on like a thud ,thud, thud lkind of like the cv joints in my gfs celica.. so that's what itmust be...

my car is only 10 months old 30,000kms on the clock no work done yet.... should this be happening?

Is it a ute or a sedan?

its a sedan..

and I dont do burnouts...

car isn't lowered

hopefully ford dont stooge me on the new car warranty... I wouldnt mine some prices on billet ones

cheers guys for your input... anyone else feel free to elabourate...