Grind Noise On Take Off..

matts_bf07

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

I have this exact same prob. at the moment.

Take off in 1st normally and theres a slight thud followed by a bit of a grind. Have to take off real easy to avoid it.

Also I went up a steep driveway the other day with a full boot (car is also lowered) and I got that thud, thud, thud noise which sounds like the CV's in a front wheel drive car.

I have ordered the 3 bushes for the cradle + the 2 blade bushes in nolathane at the summernats, $330 all up.

Hopefully that fix's it.

When ford fixed your car was it the diff bushes in the end that gave you these problems??

Edited by Kroozin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

Spoke to soon.

Backlash is now a killer with the almost totally solid nolathane bushes. Notice it most when holding a constant speed with a slightly varying load.

As it lightly loads and unloads its fairly audilbe. Sounds like something is loose under there but after checking numerous times everything is tight.

It definatley feels sharper though under sudden acceleration which is good but driving over 90km/hr on a smooth motorway I can hear a little diff whine there too.

I'm going to throw it up on the hoist one last time to check everything is tight and nothing is hitting, since everything has had a bit of time to settle but I dont think I'll find anything.

! thing I did notice though is if I rock/twist the tail shaft side to side there is roughly say 12 to almost 1oclock movement before the wheels start to engage and it seems like all the slack is within the front of the diff. as that is where I can hear the noise as it takes.

Is that normal? I can take a vid if that helps..?