4 Speed Auto Rebuilders In Nsw

illusionzzz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 9d

You could try Protrans in Caringbah.

They do the transmission work for CV Performance, which has meant a number of 10 second 4 speed auto's done there.

• Member For: 18y 9m 5d

Thanks INFLYT. Protrans are the guys that built the box first time around. Then replaced the planetary gears a couple of weeks after. I will definitely call them to suss out what they think, as they seem like genuine guys. Just wondering what my options are...

You can actually see my original thread regarding the rebuild here:

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...c=33674&hl=

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 9d
Thanks INFLYT. Protrans are the guys that built the box first time around. Then replaced the planetary gears a couple of weeks after. I will definitely call them to suss out what they think, as they seem like genuine guys. Just wondering what my options are...

You can actually see my original thread regarding the rebuild here:

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...c=33674&hl=

If they were the one's you mentioned you were unhappy with, then that's understandably fair enough if you didn't want to go back man.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 23d

I know of a few done by Northmead. Norm there knows his work, but so does dominello.

Dominello is expensive but he is for a reason - he does good work. when you get the box done and the car is tuned, to the high 300's I assume, take it easy when moving between gears and the box will last a bit longer.

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 4m 22d

agreed ,the ole mash the peddle and and get the box to change down is no good for the 4spd , select the gear you wanna go for then stomp the peddle

• Member For: 17y 2m 20d

I rang Protrans today and the guy said that he didnt strengthen the 4 speed autos anymore. I also rang Northmead Auto and he said he's done heaps of them and knew what he was talking about .Also,was more in my price range as well. I might give him a go in the new year.