Monumental Cat Failure?

nut161

• Member For: 16y 2m 13d

ok after dropping the missus home I went to the blottleo which has a little bump to get in. as I went in I noticed a thud type sound but switched off quickly as I was getting out. upon restarting I have what sounds like a big exhaust leak and bugger all power, doesnt wanna rev at all but boost is climbing rapidly. looked under it after I limped it home and the cat was glowing red hot. it hadnt and hasnt copped any stick in months now as I knew it was losing power and havent had time to pull it apart.

reckon the cat has sh!t itself finally??

• Member For: 16y 2m 13d

pulled the bugger off last night and indeed it was a failed cat. the insides had started to pull away from the outside casing in the front section of the cat, the inside honeycomb stuff was all distorted from its original shape also.

• VOTE ROOTSTER 2010
  • Member For: 16y 19d

yeah same thing happen to a mate of mine. car smelt like it was running rich, he didnt know what the problem was after a week of looking at it he took it into ford and it cost him an arm and a leg just to tell him what was wrong with it. he fixed it himself but yeah the price was very steep just to tell him what was wrong with it. at the end he was pretty cut cause it was the one thing he didnt check.. learnt from hes lesson - I will never lower my car that much!