The Fg Ute Hits The Mark!

F6_jase

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 8d

Congrats Jase on the top result. After seeing your post I'll duck over today to their workshop to see what they have to offer. I've been looking for workshops almost every day to see if anyone can cater for what I'm after! I've checked out Elite however they are only looking at tunes at the moment (still early days!). I am looking at 310kw to 330rwkw so I'd say injectors may have to be put into the mix. How does it drive now??? The only mods to mine is an xr8 lower airbox and larger snorkel at the moment and it goes great. Mate of mine has a VE Bogan special ute which pushed out 435hp at the rears couple of weeks ago (OTR, xforce high flow xorst, cam and tune) so I can't let him have all the fun! I know it'd be hard to resist the acceleration bug but have you turned out some good fuel economy figures yet??

Timbo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

hey boog72,

I was looking at putting injectors in as BPS had ones for the FG there but I didnt have enought money :stickpoke: it drives great and with around 50kw more through the midrange it really motors now! my fuel economy is still gettting better, around 7.5-8.5/100km on the highway (110km/hr) and average of 13.8/100 overall and I have been giving it heaps. getting about 600km to the tank.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 8d

Hi Jase,

Yeah it would have been great to chuck the injectors on straight out, but the combo you have now..... I can't even imagine how it would go now!! My Ute goes good for what it is and is getting better as the motor loosens up, however I can't imagine how the F6's go and with over 400hp at the rears with all the creature comforts, fuel economy to match some 4 cyl pus buckets and no bad manners...it would be a weapon!! The fuel economy is excellent for what you have at the wheels too!! very surprised!!! I went to byron 2 weeks ago and returned 7.7L per 100km's on the highway and it averages 13.8L per 100km's (and I have only 270kw at the motor...lol)

Well I ended up going into BPS on Tuesday and checked out their workshop!! They mentioned your car too and I let them know how happy you were with the combo (and told them it was the reason why I drove out from Logan to see them!). I discussed a package with them (will be doing it after xmas...got the money but it's committed to a holiday....F*ck! lol).

Will arrange to install 60lb injectors, surge tank (which is situated on passenger side firewall (stealth install), full stainless exhaust including hi flow cats etc and bosch 044 fuel pump and tune. They mentioned that the F6's do have a larger intercooler which may explain partly why the FPV's are hitting 310kw at the motor, but I'll have to leave mine stock for the moment (will bust my budget). Obviously the mods you have had done and the ones I am looking at will meet emissions (should the plod pull us up!!) which is awesome!!

Just wanted to say thanks for posting info about your mods and keep us posted on how things go with it!!

Cheers mate!

Timbo (Boog)

Ps. I chucked a couple of pics of mine on here as well!

post-16421-1225958304_thumb.jpgpost-16421-1225958370_thumb.jpgpost-16421-1225958557_thumb.jpgpost-16421-1225958809_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boog72

• Donating Members

hey no worries about posting the info mate, its all about getting the best value mods for your money to me! looking at getting a sub and amp installed next with the rockford 360 signal converter but have to look around for some good prices. glad to hear I helped you out a bit mate.

cheers!

B.T.W heres a photo of my dump pipe setup

post-32023-1225967195_thumb.jpg

Edited by F6_jase

• Donating Members

yeh for sure, just need some MT's so I can get some grip, all first gear does is light the tyres up now, lmao. got a run against my mates R32 GTR coming up soon so that will be a good test.

• Member For: 16y 5m 13d
good stuff dude I bet your having fun in it, just remember to turn traction control off straight away or you may do damage

How come you turn traction control off, can you do damage to the car?

Cheers

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 27d

Yeah penko, the most dangerous bit about leaving traction control on when driving hard is the fact that it can put extra load on things like Oil Pump gears and CVs. This is due to the sudden drop in power, then full power coming back on - creates shock loads which hurt these items.