Tassie Cruise

Sleeper6T

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 8d
Yeah but early like first week of October. Not confirmed yet though. Is the snowies late November? Is there a date booked for it?

snowies is usually 2nd last week'ish of november.

so us qld'ers will have to pick one of the other,, coz its too far to come 2ce :3gears:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 16y 26d

Ah that's gona suck then :3gears: Well once I get the costings up for the accomodation etc I'll then start pushing hard to get numbers for people who are interested then I can ask for opinions on dates. Being that it is an interstate trip and there's alot to organise and also it will require alot of people to put some $ away I want to give as much notice as I can. I'll have the rest of the info up in a week or 2 then ask for genuine interest and go from there

Brad

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 8d

Just thinking it may be work betterer for interstaters if one runs into the other :dontknow:

Cro does the Snowies !

• Member For: 16y 18d

I'm with xr0500. It would be great to get you guys over hear. I have recently purchased an 03 T and would love to help in any way I can. My wife and I love to drive and know just about every road in Tassie. A few of the local guys said October could be wet and cold, but this is Tassie after all. We can have 4 seasons in on day anyway. As far as routes to take go, please ask me if advice needed,as I am sure the other guys would be willing to help also. :pinch:

Hey Stoney,

absolutely looking for suggestions and advice. You guy's are the ones who live there so are the best ones to ask of which routes to go for. So if you guys could think of a good route to cover over say a 4-5 day period factoring in another day at the start and another day at the end will be utililised to stay at the Prince of Wales ( be in Tassie for total 7-8 days ), that way I can then work out the accomodation side of things and then will be able to put dates times routes names of accomodation places prices and petrol station locations.

Any other suggestions you guy's can give is more than welcome, so far I have gathered names and locations on:

* Spirit of Tasmania

* Hotels

* Caravan Parks

* Locations of Shell, B.P. and Mobil servo's

Back on page on post number - 16 has a list of topics that I thought we would need to cover off. If there is anything you can help with or suggest please let me know

Cheers

Brad

Hey!!

Leave it with me for a bit and I will chase up some info for you. As for routes. Well, where do I start??? Just about every road out of Hobart can be turned into a Targa route. I would suggest one of the routes being the trip from Hobart to Strathgordon in the far south-west of tassie. This is for the more spirited of drivers who want to find some corners, but without being stupid.

I gather some guys will want to be running 98 ron, and to be honest, my T is stock and I run it. There should always be 98 available not too far away. I recall someone mentioing the west coast might be the only hard spot for getting 98. This is true. :nod:

Yeah mate everyone runs 98 as a minimum, if I get to a shell I run V Power which is 101 ron, I've got the list of Shell and BP's in Tassie Mobil's site indicates they have no petrol stations down there.

If you can get together say 2-3 possibilities for routes then I can gather the accomodation info. Are you also able to find out if there are any camping sites in any of the national parls along any of the routes? I have just checked hotel/motels and caravan park sites with cabins and camping sites but surely there are camp sites available in some of the national parks.

Cheers

Brad

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 18d
Thanks mate, id say cos of the cost we'll be staying in caravan park cabins and camp sites during the cruise, but reckon for our first and last night in tas stayin at the hotel there would be good . Theres still a couple caravan parks im waiting to hear back from before I post the prices. Then the next step will be actually planning the route. Thanks heaps for your help its great to have a contact in tas :nono:

Brad

Yeah no worries Brad....will try and get the best possible price for you GUYS so hopefully cost wont be too much of an issue, might also be able to hook up some cheaper than usual food too being the chef and all.......

Im not %100 sure but I dont think we get Shell V power 101 down here, not in the south anyway, best we get is BP Ultimate.....

Anyway just let me know when you have the days/nights that your staying sorted, how many rooms etc and we'll book it in.

Reuben

Hi Brad!

I am going to have a chat to one of my mates who has actually won Rookie Targa and get the course details and time frames for stages. I think that this would make a good template. We could then work of that and make any mods we like.

Sweet mate sounds like a plan !! :bowdown:

Yeah no worries Brad....will try and get the best possible price for you GUYS so hopefully cost wont be too much of an issue, might also be able to hook up some cheaper than usual food too being the chef and all.......

Im not %100 sure but I dont think we get Shell V power 101 down here, not in the south anyway, best we get is BP Ultimate.....

Anyway just let me know when you have the days/nights that your staying sorted, how many rooms etc and we'll book it in.

Reuben

Hey mate that's awesome :hay: V Power is not essential Optimax is fine at shell which is 98 same as Ultimate. Will keep you updated with more info as I get it

Cheers

Brad