2.26 60ft Time Zf Auto

bf bionic xrt

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 29d

As Brian said, the burnout is quite important - it doesn't have to go for ages, but it has to get good heat in the tyres. I find the best way to tell is when you see think white smoke coming from the tyres, this is plenty.

Just play around with a few techniques mate, its all about the practice!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 5m 24d
Would like to hear from people that have done 2.1 60ft times or less (seems to be everyone) with the zf auto. Went to the plex last night and could only get 2.26 best, most were 2.3s. Car is stock apart from 2cai and flash tune. best time is 12.88 112.64 in perf mode shifting at 5250. was stalling in 1st gear to 2000rpm builds about 4psi. Car is a daily driver so didn't want to lean on it to hard but maybe that's the problem anyway comments please and don't forget the details. Want to get this sorted out. Thanks

Hi Mate,

Need to get your tuner to alter settings to allow you to build boost off the line- it is only then that you will make the most of your MT streets.

I have a stock BF XR6T (Flash tune only & MT Streets) went 12.3 @115mph @1.92 60ft .

XR6T747

• Every Mod's Favourite Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 1d

I found stalling in second to about 2000rpm, then snapping back into first got the best launch off the line 1.9. That's in a TT, but same would apply for the T.... I think.

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 11d
I found stalling in second to about 2000rpm, then snapping back into first got the best launch off the line 1.9. That's in a TT, but same would apply for the T.... I think.

Last time out I did a 1.7x just stalling in 1st, whereas I previously was using the 2nd back to 1st technique.

I'm not going to stall again using 2nd. I also think the technique, requiring extra time and therefore load on the drivetrain, may have assisted in wrecking the tailshaft.

Brian

• Every Mod's Favourite Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 1d

I'm always helpful, Patricia. But only to people who don't already think they know everything. :beerchug:

I wouldn't recommend the 2nd into 1st too many times, as I too reckon it puts undue stress on the box and/or tailshaft. I did it about 30 times and when on the go-fast tune I started to get a harsh clunk between first and second if I revved it hard (in any of auto, sports auto or manual mode). The TT is back to stock and the clunk is gone, but it's also running 100kw less at the wheels now, which might just make a little difference.

Edited by Grudgee

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 23d

As good as the ZF gearboxes are they still have not been able to match the 4sp launches and they seem to like breaking tailshafts.

I've done a 1.78sec 60 footer and consistent 1.8s on the 19" Maxxis.

It's not just about how much boost you can hold off the line or what RPM you can stall up to, it is about how well the car can pull off the line. How you stall it up, how you accelerate (right foot control) and feeling how well the car responds it the key. There is also no substitute for real raw low down torque.

Practice, Practice and more Practice, instead of thinking too much about what RPM or boost you are running you need to

"USE THE FORCE LUKE" ... (in Darth Vader voice)

I am getting really edgy and need to get out there again.

• Member For: 18y 11m 11d
As good as the ZF gearboxes are they still have not been able to match the 4sp launches and they seem to like breaking tailshafts.

The key is don't go for to much boost of the line, pushing massive amounts of torque through a drive-line something has to give holding it for so long.

I have been lucky my car has not broken a thing (touch wood).

ZF needs software so it can run a decent stall like the BA 4speed auto, this would take pressure of the drive-line while holding the car to build boost.

They say the ZF edit software is close but we have all heard that before.

• Member For: 17y 5m 24d

It's not just about how much boost you can hold off the line or what RPM you can stall up to, it is about how well the car can pull off the line. How you stall it up, how you accelerate (right foot control) and feeling how well the car responds it the key. There is also no substitute for real raw low down torque.

Practice, Practice and more Practice, instead of thinking too much about what RPM or boost you are running you need to

"USE THE FORCE LUKE" ... (in Darth Vader voice)

I am getting really edgy and need to get out there again.

Hi Mate,

I think you'll find the ZF surprisingly good once you allow it to boost off the line - as FSIX has done a 1.67 60ft with a stock auto.

Cheers...

XR6T747 :banghead:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 23d

I have driven both cars and I totally agree that the ZF is a far better auto than the 4sp, better gearing, stronger and hence helps the car accellerate under normal drving conditions a lot smoother.

What I am pointing out is that the 60 foot times are not down to the 4sp figures yet.

Whether FSIX's box was stock or not? Who cares ... That is not the point that I am making... I have run a best of 1.55 60 footer on ET Streets and there are at least a couple cars that ran in the high 1.4 sec times with the 4sp on full slicks.

With respect to drag racing any gain to the 60 footer is worth about 1.5 times at the end of the quarter, hence the importance.

Once the ZF computer can be edited then this will be a different story. Once a better converter can actually be used then this will even things up.