Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 21y 5m 10d
yep, they saved me $688 on my premium. I'm in the process of accepting their quote. Still got a few other places I want to call, but so far they seem to be the best.

In saying that, it took 4 or 5 calls from my end to finally get someone to take me seriously and get the quote sorted out..

$1460 and $1100 excess, compared to just cars who are still asking $2150, and $2500 excess, even though my cars value has been dropped from 49k, to 26k..

man if it takes you 5 calls to get a quote, I'd hate to find out how many calls you'd need to make for a claim.

• Member For: 19y 3m 5d
yep, they saved me $688 on my premium. I'm in the process of accepting their quote. Still got a few other places I want to call, but so far they seem to be the best.

In saying that, it took 4 or 5 calls from my end to finally get someone to take me seriously and get the quote sorted out..

$1460 and $1100 excess, compared to just cars who are still asking $2150, and $2500 excess, even though my cars value has been dropped from 49k, to 26k..

man if it takes you 5 calls to get a quote, I'd hate to find out how many calls you'd need to make for a claim.

I was worried about that.. but I've heard a few good things about them. And they do come to the party when needed. I think it was more a case of the message not being passed on to who was looking after my quote etc.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 16d

Well, I did the online thing at Just Cars about 5 minutes ago. Cop this, $2577 for sum insured of $26,400. I'm old and had my last claim about 25 years ago. Think I'll stay with NRMA for around $800. BTW car is used for business. :bum:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 11m 5d

Im 21 with NRMA $2200 with girlfriend included but I am just about to jump ship to ryno because of the new NRMA policy about intercoolers. I was told if I change intercooler my insurance will be void. Nice trick I say.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 2d
Im 21 with NRMA $2200 with girlfriend included but I am just about to jump ship to ryno because of the new NRMA policy about intercoolers. I was told if I change intercooler my insurance will be void. Nice trick I say.

that's a bit random :spoton:

they give any reason as to why intercoolers have been singled out?

• Member For: 17y 11m 5d

I rang up 3 times to make sure and yep sure enough same answer 3 times. I was told that it was a new change to their policy. I asked why I couldnt change the intercoolers and aparently bigger intercoolers mean bigger performance and that's bad!!! I asked if I could put a smaller intercooler on my car and she said that on the screen infrount of her that it said in bold NO AFTERMARKET INTERCOOLERs....

I even asked her if I was alowed to drive my car on cold nights but she didnt get it.

I have a clean driving record no claims or accidents and NRMA was the best I could find. Just Cars quoted me with minor mods $3700 hahaha

Just hope Ryno comes to the party.

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 18y 4m 21d

I just renewd my insurance with just cars $1600 with all my mods e.g. 20's,dumped,exhaust,cooler,chip,air intake and my gt bar.I also have a seprate insurance for my rims which covers up to $4000 and the excess is only $600 for them( that is included in the top quote)

And I also have a agreed value of $29,000 which isnt bad for an 03 T.

Oh yeah and im only 22 with a bad driving record(well I lost my licence for nearly 2 years) so I think that is pretty dam good :Doh:

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 1d

daaaaaaaamn there are some exxy quotes going round !!!

ive found HBF the best and SGIO the worst - SGIO wanted $250 a month + full interview to analyse me, car inspection etc when I enquired about a 350z when I was 26.. HBF just said sure here ya go, $80 per month