Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 10y 10m 28d

I am 20, male and have a 2014 manual xr6t ute.

Never claimed. Lost license. Reported theft or any of that

Aami- $3500

Coles- $2200

Nrma- $3015

Just car- $1670

Obviously went with just car.

A lot of companies wouldn't even insure me haha, they don't make it easy for young people to have nice cars. I guess there's a reason though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 13d

There sure is..........you're male and 20. I'm fairly sure that puts you in the 'high risk' category. The just cars (who is owned by AAMI) quote is pretty good --- considering.

• Like 2

OK, so a lot of you know that I'm 50 and live outside of the Adelaide metro area, and after saying (or in some ways, braging) how AAMI was only costing me $384 per year for a stock '10 g6et with a $450 excess, I just received the renewal notice and the covering letter states that there is now a "New System" that they are using to calculate everything.

The new premium will be $525........an increase of $141.

Agreed Value - - what the hell, I thought 'Agreed' meant that 2 or more parties decided what will happen in a situation - better check dictionary.com I guess - went down by a bit over 4 grand........WTF

The real kick in the pants was the excess......not that I ever plan on having a crash but that's why we buy insurance.....went up from $450 up to $1200....

Time to do the ring around again I suppose coz

you can KMA AAMI,

KMA

• Like 2

• Member For: 10y 10m 28d

There sure is..........you're male and 20. I'm fairly sure that puts you in the 'high risk' category. The just cars (who is owned by AAMI) quote is pretty good --- considering.

Yeh I knew before I bought the car that I was going to get pretty hammered by insurance but o well. It's something you gotta have haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 11y 1m 4d

Hi all , I couldnt manage to find any topics but I apologize if this has been answered before.

Im purchasing a new FG xr6t ute in a couple of months and was wondering if anyone knows the facts or can give me any information whether any modifications can void insurances under any circumstances.

I have been looking at getting the stage 2 kit from CAPA possibly stage 3 however I doubt I will need that much power, and also looking into getting the GFB Deceptor adjustible bov just because I have always wanted a car with one as a young fella (idiot) which would remain off 99% of the time. My main concern was the bov as the vent to atmospheres are illegal in NSW if Im not mistaken....

Any information on whether these mods could effect any claims made would be appreciated so I know to stop getting excited about it lol.

Cheers

• Member For: 10y 7m 26d

I work for comminsure (commonwealth banks insurance company) the best answer to this question is call your insurance company and find out what they will insure you for. There are certain modifications you can get away with and others that will increase your premium to a ridiculous amount as we won't want to insure you. Main rule of thumb is if it's illegal they won't insure you and if you don't tell them when it comes to claim time they will not honor your claim and you will be up for a big bill... we are great as long as you are over 25 and had no accident or license loss. Most companies will also change a high performance excess as well so keep an eye on that. My insurance is $75 p/m I'm 26 in qld and great record. very cheap for my age

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

yeah..........good answer

+ lots

As I said in my last post (up a bit) be careful of AAMI now that they have changed their definition of the xr6t and g6et.

Ended up ringing iSelect (always the last place ya look I guess), and was sugested a place called A.I. Insurance.

All legal mods except suspension (no lower than 25mm from factory) and turbo (no after market).

Good premium (for me-my age etc.) and a decreasing Excess each year you hold the policy but the maximum Agreed Value is around 1 or 2 grand less than the others

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 9m 7d

yeah I got reamed by AAMI this year too,mine went up $220. because of the "new system". been with them for 15 years,no claims nothing and this is the thanks I get. tried shannons amongst others and wished I could reach thru the phone and slap them, $500 dearer than anyone else. "has to be shannons" my arse!