Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m
Anyone else had a similar experience with AAMI?

Just had the opposite, swapped the policy over to the G6ET and they sent me a cheque for $40...and the listed value on the policy has doubled :roflmbo:

I'm guessing the insurance on the T's will go through the roof over the coming years based on increased claims given the affordability on the second hand market now. (don’t want to be stereotypical, but now affordable for young hooning bogans :blink: )

• Member For: 15y 7m 17d

32yo Male.....with Racq paying $632/yr ........got 3 policies with them..Rating 1..no record...Got to love it. My wifes 99 Mx5 is about the same........BF2 only 2 years old..go figure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 14d

Just redid my insurance, I was with just cars & it was gonna cost me $1260 with a $2500 excess & had to be up front but went with suncorp its now $744 or $62/month with a $500 excess. Im 25 & they gave me a rating one for life with all my mods included.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 20y 8m 20d

hi,

im thinking about buying a xr6t. I am still on my p-plates for 1 more year so legally nto allowed to drive it.

on aami and racv sites they still give me a quote. how ever will they still cover me if it is illegal to drive the car, even if I get a policy??

cheers

• 5 weeks later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 16y 4d

$490 per annum plus $700 excess with Suncorp. Yeah they stuffed up and I threatened them with all sorts of legal action if they didn't stand by their quote. My wife works in insurance and so I knew they had to cop it sweet. I have a rating 1 for life but have had 1 at fault (car damaged in a brawl at the local pub. No witnesses surprisingly enough) and a loss of license in the past 12 months. Next years quote may be scary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Just a large member member
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d

Hi guys...I just recieved my insurance renewal and was surprised that it went up to $1573.00 up almost $400 from the year before....So I rang NRMA and made a few changes to the policy and saved about $600.

First I changed my excess from $600 to $1000

Then changed it from agreed value to market value...as NRMA have a two year replacement on a new car, it doesn"t really matter what the market value is.......WTF is this a loop in the system and my new policy states replacement for the first 2 years....

Next year will have the car back on a agreed value.....

Cheers Nick