Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 8d

Ha ha - 'Car Enthusiast'.... I remember the first time I tried to get a quote from Shannons they asked me a bunch of questions and got through with a quote on the Liberty GT, however when I called them back again the following year they told me to they wont insure a Liberty GT...

Its interesting as again I have heard many conflicting stories about them and who and what they will insure...

Anyways... hanra - if it was my 3 cars in such a case, I would be looking to talk to a broker, and see what a few brokers offer...

A few brokers deal through - Elders, Allianz, Lemley, Zurich, GIO, and many others... Especially with the two limited/classic cars..

:dontknow:

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 17y 3m 11d

Not sure why this thread neaded to be mergerd with 76 pages of other stuff..... Its not about rating my insurance company????

Only downside with LSV is they wouldnt cover my Gf's 07 Suzuki Swift even if it was on the same policy, where as Shannons would once she was over 25 which is in a few months.

Edited by hanra

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 5d

I'm 22 and with Shannons, I went to go with justcar originally but I think their excess is absolutely ridiculous and they wanted to charge me $1,600 a year with perfect driving history. Shannons said $1100 with $500-700 excess!

Will go with Lumley once I turn 25

• cj_ak
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 25d
Not sure why this thread neaded to be mergerd with 76 pages of other stuff..... Its not about rating my insurance company????

Only downside with LSV is they wouldnt cover my Gf's 07 Suzuki Swift even if it was on the same policy, where as Shannons would once she was over 25 which is in a few months.

Yeah LSV makes alot of restriction when it comes to dealing direct with the public

im an insurance broker and my client has a fleet of top end bikes and cars, amongst this he has a twin turbo cobra BF ute making 850rwhp and a couple of run abouts, LSV did the ute for me for 1400

shannons were offering him the same cover for $2k

it would appear that LSV have different critiria when dealing with brokers, I have a good contact in LSV, if anyone needs help, feel free to PM me

• Member For: 15y 8m 5d
Yeah LSV makes alot of restriction when it comes to dealing direct with the public

im an insurance broker and my client has a fleet of top end bikes and cars, amongst this he has a twin turbo cobra BF ute making 850rwhp and a couple of run abouts, LSV did the ute for me for 1400

shannons were offering him the same cover for $2k

it would appear that LSV have different critiria when dealing with brokers, I have a good contact in LSV, if anyone needs help, feel free to PM me

That's great to know, if your around here in 2 years when I turn 25 I'll contact you :spoton:

• Member For: 15y 9m 5d

$900 with $400 excess for me with the NRMA.

I am 39 years old, 20 years driving, clean record, no accidents, multiple policies with the NRMA which is supposed to give me a bigger discount. We also live in what I class a non sh*t bag suburb and are charged country rates.

Wife pretty much drives the car, she is 39 as well, clean driving record, no accidents, 20 years driving as well.

I wonder if I am getting ripped, when some people in their low 20's are only paying a few hundred more.

Edited by Mark S

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 3m 30d

Not sure if anyone else on here who has been with AAMI for a while has noticed a sharp increase on their last insurance bill?

My renewal came the other day and has jumped from around $650 to $980 with no changes to the policy at all.

A call to AAMI to check if it was a mistake proved fruitless with an admission from the phone sales folk there that it was a very significant jump and that I was still receiving the highest possible discounts.... rating 1 for life, 33y.o. etc.

A quick call to Suncorp - $680... I'm all for loyalty but a 50% increase in 12 months is crazy!

Anyone else had a similar experience with AAMI?