Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 16y 8m 13d

Far out!!

I am 24 and just got me a 04' XR6T ute. I am on the highest no claim bonus, TIO in NT cost me $850 for this first year, last year it cost me $1200 for a 1.6lt pulsar. I was impressed with the utes premium.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 11d

WOW what a long thread.

Could anyone tell me which of these items are classed as modifications by insurance:

- Centre muffler replacement with straight through pipes

- GT stripe stickers

- Scuff Plates

- K&N Filter

- F6 intake to stock airbox

- CAPA Tune

A lot of the above are just cosmetics, and hence should be ok.

How about the CAPA tune, surely this is too stealth for an insurance comapny?

K&N is just a replacement part. Centre muffler could have been damaged on a

speed hump and replaced with normal pipes as an alternative part.

F6 intake is probably a modification though ?

• Member For: 17y 6m 14d

Centre Muffler - YES

Stripes - Not modification but let them know. Bit like tinted windows. If you need to make a claim they need to know what they are insuring I suppose.

Scuff Plates - Nah

Filter - Nah

F6 Intake - Nah

Capa Tune - Yes. I asked AAMI when I wanted to get one and they said it was fine and no extra cost but they could add it to my policy if I wanted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 7m 12d

Hey guys,

I am a new member here and need help with finding insurance for a 2003 xr6t. Coming from a 5.7l SS, I only pay 1100 premium and 1200 excess at the moment.

Just rang up just car and got quoted 2500 premium, 4000 excess. I really like the ford but do not want to pay that much(excess is whats worrying me).

Just want to know what other younger drivers use for insurance and how much they pay for excess and premium.

Also I am a qld resident and got my license before restrictions.

If you guys can help would really appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 17d

Forced induction always gives insurance companies heart palpitations!

NRMA and Just Car were the only one that would insure me when I was 21, 2800 premium for just car with 1800 excess, NRMA were 3500 premium, but with 500 excess

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 30d

I got right though a contract with commonwealth insurance almost to the end and I slipped the T word, 2 seconds and the conversation was over.

• Member For: 17y 7m 28d
I got an online quote with NRMA for about $780. I'm actually with AAMI and as an existing customer the quote I expect will be cheaper - somewhere between $600-$700.

Age does have something to do with the quotes but so does location, popularity of the car to steal, repair costs etc. My other car is a 200SX which I believe is quite pricey to insure in Sydney but living up on the Gold Coast it only costs $620 a year.

Incidentally, I'm 27 and the 200SX is registered with my wife as the primary driver at 32. Both have Rating 1 for life.

yeah age does have alot to do with it.....under my old mans name...rating one with AAMi insurance is 1250 or around there full comp on the t.

For me, 20 year old P plater I would be looking over 4g'z easily......which is poo :( so I guess im going to wait a little till I get a policy under my name hehe

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 9m 25d
Hey guys,

I am a new member here and need help with finding insurance for a 2003 xr6t. Coming from a 5.7l SS, I only pay 1100 premium and 1200 excess at the moment.

Just rang up just car and got quoted 2500 premium, 4000 excess. I really like the ford but do not want to pay that much(excess is whats worrying me).

Just want to know what other younger drivers use for insurance and how much they pay for excess and premium.

Also I am a qld resident and got my license before restrictions.

If you guys can help would really appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

I'm with Just Car and just paid my insurance last month. It was $1810 and that's with all my mods listed on the policy.

• Gold Platinum Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 29d

I changed companies. One person tells you one thing another tells you something contradictory. They have no idea... P.S. I only have light engine mods.