Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 18y 4m 21d
if all else fails mate give just car a call.

They have a 'we dont care what youve done... as long as its legal and you tell us' policy.

They even upped my agreed value recently when I rang them to tell them about more mods.

Yep I agree just cars may be a bit $$$ at first but they know every single mod on my car down to the valve springs they even have a seprate insurance for my rims.

And there agreed value is top notch.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 25d
mate I would do a bit more checkin on nrma I know the person I spoke to their when I started modin my falc told me I wasn't covered after just doin the cai nrma policey that no mods are allowed on turbo cars

I ended up with shannons their a bit more understanding

See that's strange? cos I went in and up dated on all my mod's and as I said there was no problems? been with them for about 10 years (I know they dont care how long I have been a menber) and never had a problem with my past cars, had this car with them for about 2 1/2 years, but I will double check my policey.

I know that if I tell them I have it flashed/valve springs and injectors done then yes they will tell me to bugger off!

I only pay $1300 and that's a good price with the mod's done to the car on my current policey.

but do u think they would go and check if it is flashed?

derek

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m

it may pay to call your local toyota dealer.

toyota have set up an insurance company and have low low prices, mines 400 dollars cheaper with all mods catered for.

just tell em its a computer chip basicly its a chip right.?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 25d

Yeah might check this out!

funny story, went to commenwealth bank to do everyday banking (as ya do), the teller said they now have car insurance available and did I want a free quote, so I said yes if it's going to save me a few bucks, anyway we move over to some comfortable chair and just when I got comfortable thinking what money I my save! she asked what car I drive, 2005 XR6T, next words out of her mouth was sorry the cars to powerful and we will not insure it. well that was a waste of my time!

Sorry just thought I would a that in.

Just went on line to Just cars and got a Quote and came throuh at $2355, $1000 more then what I pay now. but I guess it's peace of mind? :censored:

• Member For: 16y 10m 26d

im 23, rating 2 driver. insured with NRMA for $1200p.a for my 03 XR6t

Girlfriend was about to buy a WRX recently but the lowest she could get was $9000! stuff that

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 17y 3m 10d

Mine costs me $780 p/a with Shannons, agreed value of $29k. They also do my Mini for $221 p/a, agreed value of $35k.

Edited by hanra

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 12d

I've been with Just Cars once (with the WRX in 05/06) and I will NEVER go with them again.

They were the only people who covered me (at that stage- I racked up a LOT of traffic fines..) so I had no choice! Their premiums were on par with most for a 20 y/o with a wrx, however there were so many hidden things when it came to excesses and paying out using genuine / 2nd hand parts etc. Thankfully I never had to claim. That said I've heard horror stories AND great stories so I guess its lady luck! I just kept getting bad vibes / gut feelings whenever I dealt with them!

In theory, any claim can be denied if the person hasnt been 110% truthful in regard to driving history, mods etc. The other side to the coin is probably a bit like FoMoCo's warranties. If the edit causes an accident and you havent told them, they will probably deny it but if you have a genuine accident they probably wouldnt even check provided the rest of the car doesnt look dodgy!

3 or 4 of my mates have crashed with full replacement ecu's (autronic, link, motec) and not once have the insurance company ever said anything (nor did they know). You'd just want to make sure you remove the flash tuner etc if you crash- so someone cant cash in on your bad fortune!!

Good thing about the XR's is that most mods can probably be kept street legal or a very low key factory look!!! They come with a fmic so its hardly your fault if a rock destroys it and you need to upgrade is it :P

Edited by Mat

• Member For: 18y 2m 14d

Well I have been with RACQ the last 2 years and I am a rating one for life. Maybe I should have stayed with them, oh well too late now I will just have to see how things pan out. I talked to RACQ about modding the phoon and I was quickly followed by the answer NO. and then NO again after explaining myself. Even though my old XR6T was moded oh well I'm trying to do the right thing here so I dont get bitten in the arse.

Whats shannons like?? anyone

Edited by XR6TURBST5