Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 16y 4m 15d

Kalto, jump onto the various Insurance websites and do some quotes, best way to get an accurate idea on what it will cost you.

Myself, I'm 25, just purchased a feb09 xr6t ute and paid only $610/yr with AAMI. Lowest excess, spotless driving history and living in QLD.

• Member For: 16y 8m 12d

I am also with AAMI and my insurance on A ba xr6 t has jumped from mid $700 to $962.00 I am rating one for life had a stack last year that wasn`t migh fault but they said I had to wear it. I am in bentleigh area also value of car has dropped to $16,550 which is ridiculous for a car with under 80,000k`s on it.

amyone in bentleigh got a better deal or better value on car.

BenWhite & Stang,

I'm also with AAMI and have two cars due for their insurance renewals early October.

2004 BA XR6T - $710 up to $943

Subaru Liberty - $490 up to $599

I thought Ouch! So much for loyalty being with them for 16 years now.

With no claims, Rating 1 for life, garaged in Blackburn, 39 yo, I've started shopping around for other quotes (Shannons, RACV, Budget Direct). Even a fresh new online quote from AAMI proved slightly cheaper at $919. The cheapest premium was with GIO, with $809 for my XR6T albeit with a slightly higher $600 excess (AAMI excess is $550). Would anybody on this thread recommend GIO as I'm very keen to convert both cars over to them.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 1d

Another insurance company worth trying would be youi.(www.youi.com.au)

I was getting some quotes on a BF XR6T and they were not bad.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 13d

Well I tried youi and AAMI both declined because the ammount of mods done. I ended up going with Just Cars, third party fire and theft for $350 a year.. I've got a work van now, so I only drive my car on the weekends, so I cant justify paying $1500 when im really only driving the car friday night and saturday...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 1m 15d

I rang AAMI this morning to cancel my previous car's insurance, and had them do me a quote while I was on the phone. Was $2600 to insure an 07 BF MkII XR6T for me (male, 20yrs old, no accidents/clean driving record), and when asked about modifications I was told they don't have a problem with them as long as they are legal (I asked specifically about wheels, lowering and exhaust), and they won't affect the premium. The $2600 was with the standard $550 + $1200 male under 21 excess, no flexi premium.

• Member For: 15y 1m 15d

I have just insured with AAMI for the first time, 32 yr old spotless driving history rating one for life 07/09 FG XR6T Manual Agreed value $42k, $590 a year using their on-line system. No one else came close. Having said that if you ring for a quote and organise it over the phone they were about $200pa dearer. I guess they are trying to encourage people to use their on-line service. Also upped the excess to $1200 to get the price down.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 3m 18d

Got my BA XR6T insured with AAMI when I bought it earlier this year. It was something like $620 with previous accident history, and I am 30 yrs old. NRMA wanted to charge me double this. Rang up AAMI today and told them that I had lowered it and put 20s on it. This was then listed on my policy with no extra charge on my premium. She then started asking me random questions like 'does it have a subwoofer?', 'does it have an amp?', 'does it have a spoiler?' and 'Does it have a sports steering wheel?' I said of course it has a spoiler the XR6 comes out with them, and it's got factory premium sound as listed on my policy. WTF was she getting at???? Anyway, I asked her if I put a bigger intercooler kit on it, will I still be covered? At first it was 'no, because that modification is not in our list', then it was 'yeah, you can change it and it won't have to be listed'. She also said that if I put a turbocharger on my car, the premium would increase. :beerchug:

tell me if I should be dropping AAMI or do I just need to speak to someone who has a clue? I've read here that AAMI have no problems with modifications as long as they are within State laws.