Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 8d

Mate - LSV is a very good insurance company from what I understand...

Lumley (Wesfrmers), GIO (Suncorp), Allianz, Elders, are some of the top insurance companies from all the research I have done.

Currently Shannons are still part of the same group to that of AAMI - which was recently purchased by GIO/Suncorp, however is still being run as an independent business and with different policies and rules...

AAMI and the AAI Group was found to carry the highest rate % of complaints for service, and repairs which required further work. (according to reports I read during my research, as well as being told they were in some serious trouble before the take over from Suncorp)...

When we took out insurance with GIO they were happy to beat AAMI without the blink of an eye, in fact turned out to be about 100$ cheaper, including rental car, and windscreen cover.. (excess in the event however was about 200$ higher)...

Anyways - if I received a email reply such as that - it would be more then enough for me to second guess the level of service from such service provider...

:roflmbo:

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 17y 3m 11d

One of the vehicles is on Classic Rego, the ute is on limited use as I drive it like a few hours a month and the Excel is my daily driver. I live in a low crime rate postcode and all vehicles are securely garaged. I guess that all helps bring the price down.

And yes, I was very surprised at that response, really made me think that's for sure. Ill give them a ring just to give them another chance, otherwise its off to LSV I go I go.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 14d

Brad do you have a contact number. My insurance is almost due & I should start looking around. Have been with just cars & my last premium was $1100 but the excess was almost $2500. I was still pretty happy with but since then ive turned 25 so I should look at all my options.

• Into the laaaake

Both Shannons and LSV will not insure modern vehicles unless you have a classic car insured with them under your name on the same policy. I think my ute costs about $500 currently with Shannons covered for $26k full comprehensive with $400 excess.

Edited by hanra

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 4d

hanra I've been with Shannons, since I bought my T... Its my only car....

My cousin called them up for a quote and he was denied because he wasnt an 'enthusiest' LOL, whatever that means...

• Into the laaaake

I got insurance with them when I 1st bought my Ute, a few months later I then suggest to my brother in law to give them a try when he bought his new Rav 4. They wouldnt insure him unless he had classic insured with them.

I was quite surprised with that as when I had the Ute insured with them I didnt have a classic on the policy, it was a few months later that I brought my other 2 cars onto the policy.....?

Who knows whats going on there????

Here you go qik1.

I googled it for you. Just follow the link for a phone number or email the!

http://www.lsvinsurance.com.au/

thanks mate, I just sent them an email to see if they could do something for me.

As for an enthusiest I got turned down initially by shannons when I first got the car but I might try them again because I would call myself a car nut now. Cant hurt to try!!!

just tried shannons & they would insure me but it was $1280 with a $500 excess. tried suncorp with a full list of mods was $750 yr with a 400 excess plus 650 becasue of the list of mods. I think I know where my business will be going. Will still call around & see what I can find though.

Edited by qik1