Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

I might have to cop massive premiums for a couple months then while I wait to pass 25. RAC told me it was 26 for them when things become cheapest anyway. Talk to you soon antigravity! :)

• Member For: 16y 2m 14d

Hi Antigravity,

Sure that's fine , but the reality is the older the car gets, and devalues increases premiums to a point of non viabilty any more.

As the cheaper it gets, the more youngsters buy them and smash them up , lol .

Case in point for me, 94 5.0 VR statesman, 1 owner , me from new , Imacco throughout, no mods other than wheels , and exhaust, all stock immac , over the last few years has dropped in value to next to nothing and premiums rose to a ridiculous rate , as is now on the Bogun list of preffered modes of transport, lol.

Im 45 rating 1 for life , blah, blah, blah , etc, that's what AAMI told me as to why it was skyrocketing , nothing to do with me, just how it is and how they work the premiums out , so it would cost me as much as my 08 FG6t insured for $46k for a $6 k market value at the moment ??

Why would I bother keeping it ? Shopped around for a better deal on it, but no go . Couldnt get any better :laughrolling:

that's how it is mate . Sad but true , Forced me to sell a great car for no reason other than costs too much to keep .

that's how it works even if your a mature family man , you still get hammered , Sucks :blush:

Cheers

post-16259-1220669128_thumb.jpg

Edited by spooner

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 4d

I just insured my BA turbo with AAMI, I paid $591 for the year with an excess of 1500. I put the excess up as high as I could to save money on premium. The premium will also go down next year when I turn 30.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 23d

I thought about upping my excess to lower my premium. Luckly I didnt as in the last year I have had hail damage and an at fault accident(I swear officer the sun was in my eyes). Would have cost me a sh$t load in excess

• cj_ak
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 26d

Jacking the excess up to get the premium is not always the way out to cheaper premiums.

it always sucks when you just had an accident and have to fork out $1500 and money for a hire car as well!!

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 1d
Jacking the excess up to get the premium is not always the way out to cheaper premiums.

ahhh...that's exactly what it does.

May not save you money in the long-run IF you have an accident, but it will lower your premium! :nono:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 16d
ahhh...that's exactly what it does.

May not save you money in the long-run IF you have an accident, but it will lower your premium! :innocent:

:stupid:

Higher excess is saving me over $300 a year on my premium.

My car sits in the garage 5 days a week so as far as im concerned im far less likely to make a claim than if it was facing peak hour everyday.

It may not suit everyone but it works for me :crybaby:

• Member For: 15y 11m 16d

Heya,

A mate is looking at getting a BA XR6 Turbo, just had a few questions about insurance.

Looking around this thread, I am guessing that since he is 19, the $2,000p.a mark is about right for comprehensive?

Is it cheaper to put the car in your parents name, and put you as a 10%/youngest driver?

How much should I tell them about the car? List every single mod?

What happens if I get it insured, then I modify it? Do I have to tell them?

Thanks alot.

• Member For: 16y 2d

Getting a quote on Insurance was one of the first things I wanted to do in researching all things relating to buying my car. I've been with RACV since I was 18 now 30 and the quote I got from them was over $1200 full comp blah blah then rang a couple other places one being Wesfarmers as I work for a company of there's and they offer good rates etc.

the quote from them was $930. Then rang AAMI and was quoted $870 with the same features/benefits etc as what RACV were offering. Asked RACV if they'd at least match it so I didnt have to stuff around with new applications etc but no dice !!