Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 8d

Agreed is agreed- a figure u and the insurance company decide and both agree the car value is worth...

They will have a limit at the top end, which they believe is the max of which that model and traveled distance is worth...

If you wish to increase the value of the car to this maximum then yes your premium will increase as they work out the premium from a % of the value of the insured amount...

If you increase the value of the car, your write off value will also be higher... the average of write off is normally somewhere around 60% of the total insured amount of the car...

A typical car (non classic), will drop each year, if even insured for an agreed value...

Classic is different, as it is seen as a 'special risk' item...

Maybe try calling a few insurance brokers if you are not happy with the figures your typical insurance company is offering...

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 14d

haha no not quite I got a young bloke who drives a n/a xr6 & was more than willing to help & there was no questions except for what I was doing next & how much hp I was hoping for. I might of got lucky but it didn't cost me anymore for unlimited mods. there was an agreed value not market so give them ago the worst that can happen is they stick it. anyone that says dont insure it because its money that can be spent on mods has rocks in there heads. write your car off without insurance & you have n car to mod. peace of mind is something that comes to mind when your driving around in a 500rwhp car.

• Member For: 16y 3m 27d

Im with Shannons to and found them the cheapest by far, mine is insured with all the mods and 291rwkw for extreme usage for $550 and a year. I think the excess is 500.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members

flare6t is right - some times u might get luck and have someone that knows the system that insurance company uses and a number of 'discount codes' for a better word...

Had this happen with I got my F6... the women was on the fone for about 45 mins, but got the price from around $350 a month, to $150 a month (different addresses, have two different residences..) to $120 with some discount then with about 3 other discounts, my no claim bonus, then included windscreen, and hire care, ended up being about $90 a month!

Couldn't believe it... Just said LOCK IT IN EDDIE!

All been good since...

$1000 a year for a sub 30yo in a brand new F6... No further questions!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members

Dam man, that's pretty good...

I think I was paying about that on a bloody Galant when I was 20....

Never go past a rind around but!!!

• Member For: 16y 5m 3d
I'm 19 and have my 06 XR6T Bf ute insured with aami and it costs me $1400 a year. Not bad compared to my skyline which was $1818 a year

Is that comprehensive? And who with? Cause if that's comprehensive im getting seriously screwed. Im a 19yr old XR6T Ute driver 2, with nrma im payin $4100 a yr and its insured for $24 000. Pretty sick of payin close 2 $400 a month just in case some idiot that crashes into me doesn`t have insurance

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 14d

where you live can play pretty heavily on insurance cost. I think mines as cheap as it is because of the low traffic, theft & congestion & so on. might have to look at that when trying to compare one price with the next. but it does seems excessive in comparison defiatley worh making a few phone calls.