Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 17y 6m 11d

The cost of reg/ctp is $172.80 and $313.50 respectively, total= $486.30. but that's country rego, if your in a metro zoned area the total is around $550ish.

But... if you have a ute, that's cassified as a commercial vehicle and rego/ctp is only around $350!!!

• Member For: 17y 8d
Yep same as 72, my insurance company knows about all my modifications and are happy to cover them.

I'm with Just Car.

I hear that they are expensive and they only cover you for a total of $10,000 is that true??

someone told me shannons was the best and cheapest to go through for modified cars???

anyone else got any input on this??

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 8d
I hear that they are expensive and they only cover you for a total of $10,000 is that true??

someone told me shannons was the best and cheapest to go through for modified cars???

anyone else got any input on this??

Mate - Shannons are good for this as a main stream Insurance... however if u want (and can be bothered)... make a few calls to insurance brokers....

Make sure they are backed by a rep company like Elders, IAG, Westfarmers, or the likes... they all will be good...

They will list all your mods on the cover note/policy papers...

And yes advise them on everything, even window tint, audio wiring, etc... It may increase your cost however it will cover your butt for anything and everything... and in any event where anything happens it will be covered if its on the policy and providing there is no exclusions (so have a read over just to make sure).

I had about 15K in audio gear in an old civic I had (rice boy I know), and they car was insured for 25K... NRMA or AAMI (I think it was) would only cover 10% of the cars value as the audio equipment... low and behold it was all ripped one night... So cut... but in the end replaced most of it myself...

So just check with them when u advise on each mod...

Now with GIO myself, but still thumbs up for brokers with younger or mod car drivers!!!

• Member For: 16y 4m 24d

im just recovering from my self mutalation fit after I did an online quote on the CGU website and was quoted just under 5.5g p.a. for comprahensive. is this right... im 19, male, lost lisence once, never had any claims inc theft n sh*t, whats the deali-yo?

• Member For: 17y 3m 2d

Mud spats, bonnet protector (aero) de-wing it?, XR floor mats.

sorry to be sarcastic, but insurance companies suck.

I switched to shannons, and have all my modifications listed no worries. They are at least a company who understand car enthusiasts and our needs.