Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 18y 3m 6d

FAARK 3K for insurance? you guys must love your t's to spend 60 bucks a week on insurance.

I am 28, mrs is 24, we got insurance through racq cost like 750 bucks with like 750 excess for me and like 1250 excess for mrs, I thought that was bull sh*t expensive.

I would not bother having a t if it cost me 60 bucks a week in insurance, dont get me wrong I like fast cars and my xr6t, but come on 3k a year on insurance, how can you justify that??????

if that was me paying 3k a year I thinks I would flog the pisser out of it, jump it, drag it, enter burn out comps you name it, try and kill it and then happen to have it stolen every 2 years for new replacement clause in insurance, what are they going to do put the premiums up even more????

insurance companies can :censored:

• Member For: 19y 3m 5d

just an update on how I'm going with ryno insurance.

Almost finalised, all I have to do is fax my current policy showing my NCB rating, then it's all done.

One added bonus, particularly for the younger guys is that they direct debit monthly at no extra charge :spoton: so not only have I saved $688 per year, but now I can pay monthly and not have to fork out the lot at once.

It would still be great to get insurance for closer to 1k, but I'll take what I can get at the moment :spoton:

Only got 4 months and I'll be 25.

Just a quick comparison compared to just car insurance -

Premium

Ryno - $1464

JCI - $2152

Excess

Ryno - $750 + $400 (age excess)

JCI - $1600 + $600 (age excess) + $400 (mag wheels) + $1000 (theft)

Insured value of car

Ryno - $30,000

JCI - $26,900

So all in all, I'm pretty happy with the savings and the service so far. Plus the added bonus of not having to fork out $1400 odd straight after chrissy/new years.

• Member For: 17y 8m 22d
Just car's have my car atm, my prefered repairer wouldn't quote and said it's a total loss. They did a quote for me and it was $3o,ooo, although they have also said they take way to long to pay and stuff around.

Just car's have the car at one of their yard's, everything but my FPV leather trim is insured and the back seat needs replacing so I wonder if they'll pay to replace it or not. The car was covered in bleach so I wonder if they'll respray the whole car or only the damaged section's...

Wouldn't $30,000 worth of damage be classed as a write off for a T?

My BF MK1 T got written off by NRM@ with $20,000 worth of damage. they replaced it with a MK2.

my final bill came to around 20k.. only insured for 32k.. but the original quote from the pr*cks was $6500 and my choice of repairer said skywards of 12k... I wish they would have written it off!!

Shh dont tell anyone but I work for insurance :spoton: too. LOL

Ok I would ask AAMI for a copy of the quotes and invoices to have a look at the damage that was actually cause to your vehicle. I have seen this situation before.

Each insurance company has the right to have a vehicle repaired or total lossed. It all comes down to the percentage they believe repairs are uneconomical. This is can be from 66% of the vehicles value, but also how much structual damage was done to the vehicle.

Depending when the accident happened I would get the quotes and see how much structual damage was done to the vehicle as would could still have the vehicle total lossed at this point. If you believe it was not originally economical to repair the vehicle and that it has reduced the structual integrity to the point whereby it is not as safe as it previously was, you could persuade AAMI total loss the vehicle now.

Hope that helps :spoton:

Sly

so where would I stand in relation to my car?? the paint isn't quite right, I can see weird criss cross marks in it.. also it has just sort of chipped off the bonnet, plus other bits and pieces are wrong with it. My total bill came to around 20k, and it was only insured for 32k.. the whole suspension had to be done, exhaust, most panels had a dent in them..

I was gonna take it back to the repair shop, as they said they'd fix any issues, but I really couldn't be f*cked dealing with them again. Perhaps its just time I traded the car in :spoton:

If you want to sell it, that is your choice but I would take it back to the repairer or the assessor and see what they say as it would affect your resale value. If having it repaired would take too much of your time I would have them view it and maybe even get a quote. Then, I would go back to AAMI (I think you said it was AAMI) and speak to their assessor and advise that you do not have time to have it repaired.

Then tell them that you want to be compensated and try to get a cash settlement for the repairs that would have needed to be done. Cant be sure if they will do it but for a couple hours work you could be compensated a couple thou depending on the work needed to be done and that would make selling it a bit easier on you and your wallet.

Cannot promise that it would work but it could be worth a go. :spoton:

Edited by Sly_Bastard

cheers mate :spoton: could be worth a shot.. only real problem is that my insurance runs out on the 13th of Jan, and I've already lined up new insurance which will save me close to $700 a year. I might try giving them a call and I'll see what they say.

cheers mate  :spoton:  could be worth a shot.. only real problem is that my insurance runs out on the 13th of Jan, and I've already lined up new insurance which will save me close to $700 a year. I might try giving them a call and I'll see what they say.

It does not matter when your insurance runs out. They have to cover any accident or damage during your period of insurance. The statue of limitations is 6 years I think. So you could claim an accident up to 6 years after the event even if you are no longer with that insurance company. :spoton:

Also a fact for you all. It is the insurance companies responsibilty to put you in the same position as prior to the accident.

Edited by Sly_Bastard

cheers mate  :spoton:  could be worth a shot.. only real problem is that my insurance runs out on the 13th of Jan, and I've already lined up new insurance which will save me close to $700 a year. I might try giving them a call and I'll see what they say.

It does not matter when your insurance runs out. They have to cover any accident or damage during your period of insurance. The statue of limitations is 6 years I think. So you could claim an accident up to 6 years after the event even if you are no longer with that insurance company. :spoton:

Also a fact for you all. It is the insurance companies responsibilty to put you in the same position as prior to the accident.

awesome :spoton: so even if I change companies and my repair work goes dodgey, they'll still have to honour the life time warranty on repairs??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 10m 13d

Im insured with RACQ, no one, just cars laughed at me, Ive had a 6 month suspension, but Ive seen just cars insure friends of mine with worse records. Go figure. I insured me 02 XR6T, manual, factory 18's leather, premium sound, side airbags. For $1600 a year and Im 20 y/o.