Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 19y 3m 5d
I don't know how the f*ck you guy's get insurance for so cheap!

I guess being in Sydney and because of the mod's, Just Cars are the only one's who considered it at $3000.  :spoton:

how old are you mate? I dunno how some people get it so cheap!! but I'd take 2k over 3k anytime..

I reckon its a case of how the person on the phone feels on the day!! seriously! there's such a variance

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 5d

There are to many variables to compare prices, I'm 24 and paying $633 but if I had a crash, modded the car or moved no doubt that would change. You can't compare really.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 7d

Heaps of things influence the outcome and then there's the comapnies that just overcharge.

1. Garaged or not. Where it's parked while you are at work/uni

2. Postcode at home. It's based on car thefts/accidents etc in that area

3. Age/gender

4. Driving experience

5. Total claims

6. Insurance rating

7. Mods and extras

I'm sure there are other things but they are the basics. I'm paying $800 a year and have a premium of $500 (being ripped off) but have been quoted $600 with premium of $400 from another insurer, to whom I will be switching over to in the new year.

I'm 35 at the end of this month and have an impeccable driving record. No prangs (touch wood) in the last 15 years and no speeding fines in the last 5 years. I'm currently a rating 1 for life with a 10% no claim discount.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 15d

I guess being in Sydney and because of the mod's, Just Cars are the only one's who considered it at $3000.  :spoton:

how old are you mate? I dunno how some people get it so cheap!! but I'd take 2k over 3k anytime..

I reckon its a case of how the person on the phone feels on the day!! seriously! there's such a variance

They base it on the youngest driver possible at Just Cars, which is my Mrs, but im over 25 which doesn't count for anything in this case because of it.

I'd take $2k with bell's on, yet some guy's aren't happy to pay near a grand LOL.

• Donating Members

They base it on the youngest driver possible at Just Cars, which is my Mrs, but im over 25 which doesn't count for anything in this case because of it.

I'd take $2k with bell's on, yet some guy's aren't happy to pay near a grand LOL.

I grand :spoton: I cracked it when RACV put mine up to over $700 so I switched to CGU

Edited by JBomb3000

There are to many variables to compare prices, I'm 24 and paying $633 but if I had a crash, modded the car or moved no doubt that would change. You can't compare really.

$633 fark that's awesome.... I still can't see location and the fact that I'm in canberra being triple the cost of insurance. Even before my car was modded it was 2k.. I've had one ticket for <15km/h. And I have a rating 1 maximum NCB..

I suppose it's one of those things that just bugs me. Perhaps when I am 30 I'll be able to dream of sub $1000 insurance policies :spoton:

I suppose the one I really can't understand is 1k a year at 23yo and a bad driving history.. yet being 24, with a good history is double the price :spoton:

Edited by JimmyXR6T04

Mines just over 600 that's with the misses as the youngest driver shes 19

where??? WTF...how do most of us get so ripped off?

I just tried online with CGU.. they declined because its modded, so I thought I'd see how much if it wasn't modded.. declined because under 25.. can't win. might have to ring them :spoton:

• Donating Members
Mines just over 600 that's with the misses as the youngest driver shes 19

I just tried online with CGU.. they declined because its modded, so I thought I'd see how much if it wasn't modded.. declined because under 25.. can't win. might have to ring them :blush:

I'd ring them as like I said I'm with CGU and I'm 24.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 2d
Mines just over 600 thats with the misses as the youngest driver shes 19

i just tried online with CGU.. they declined because its modded, so i thought i'd see how much if it wasn't modded.. declined because under 25.. can't win. might have to ring them :gooff:

Im with CGU i insured with them at 23(im 26 now) and told them of my nods as i went along. im paying $780 a year with $500 special excess (because i was a naughty boy and lost my license at 19 for reckless and excess .05) where do you live mate redfern?

ring and insurance broker and get them to shop around. Thats what i had to do. I was with AMP and as soon as i lost my license they refused to insure me..

:blush: