Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just car's have my car atm, my prefered repairer wouldn't quote and said it's a total loss. They did a quote for me and it was $3o,ooo, although they have also said they take way to long to pay and stuff around.

Just car's have the car at one of their yard's, everything but my FPV leather trim is insured and the back seat needs replacing so I wonder if they'll pay to replace it or not. The car was covered in bleach so I wonder if they'll respray the whole car or only the damaged section's...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 7d

When I bought the T I carried over my insurance with RACV. They quoted me $804 for the year - meaning I had to pay out another $400 on the spot.

I was just wondering If I cancelled my current insurance and changed companies if the balance of the current insurance carried across to the new insurer?

Other companies have quoted me (via internet quotes) up to $250 less than what I am currently paying. RACV were the cheapest when it came to my old car (EF Falcon GLi) but don't seem to cover 'sports cars' too well.

TIA :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 7d
use AAMI - cheaper

I've been with AAMI before and had a bad experience with them so will never use them again.

I looked at Allianz and they won't even insure me because I don't have a no claim bonus of 65% - WTF :spoton:

So far the only decent one is CGU (or something like that). A little bit more expensive than AAMI but their customer service doesn't seem to take a hit like AAMI's does. :spoton:

• Member For: 18y 3m 19d

Hey guys, Im considering buying a xr6t and im jus seeing what kind of insurance id be looking at paying. Iv just turned 25 and gio quoted me $1300 a year. Does this sound alrite?

Im looking at trying to get one for 22-23k, what should I expect for that money? Seen alot of them on carsales for 23-25k 03 models, round 75000kms.

• Member For: 19y 3m 5d

I'm 24 and no one would touch me due to the mods. But just cars charge me around $2000.. its been like that the past 2 years.. originally the car was insured for 49k, now 26900.. and it hasn't dropped the premium.. go figure.

Anyways, the other day I called ryno insurance and they gave me a quote of $1460, so I'm gonna accept it. Then again, they might not cover me yet due to the accident I had in april. but it'll be under the missus name anyways.

$1300 seems fair to me.... however, I've seen guys on here that are 22yo and get quotes like that.. so its impossible to tell how it really fares up!! I'd be happy with $1300 though!!

• Member For: 19y 3m 5d
im 23 and pay 1k a year with a terrible record.. that's with just cars.

$1800 excess though

my point exactly... how the f*ck there can be such a difference in premiums is beyond me. $1000 difference, and besides my accident this year (which didn't affect premium) I've had a clean record.. one speeding fine of <15km/h..

So I live in canberra.... surely canberra isn't that much of a risk for car theft or accidents :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 15d

I don't know how the f*ck you guy's get insurance for so cheap!

I guess being in Sydney and because of the mod's, Just Cars are the only one's who considered it at $3000. :spoton: