Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 18y 2m 22d

My T will be 12 month old next month. I just got my Renewal notice from my Insurer, $ 631.00

Checked and got a Quote from Sh******, $ 1,195.89

I think I will stay with AA**. :msm:

Edited by 937

Mine's just gone 12 months also and my insurance is around the $600 mark too.

It was below$600 but that was before I moved back to Perth. :unsure:

I'm with Elders and they've always been exceptional to deal with

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 9m 8d
My T will be 12 month old next month. I just got my Renewal notice from my Insurer, $ 631.00

Checked and got a Quote from Sh******, $ 1,195.89

I think I will stay with AA**. :B):

Shannons is not really worth it unless your car is modified so much that you can't insure it with anyone else. They do allow unlimited (legal) modifications though, some other insurers limit you to a certain number of mods. Not sure if they count say a Cobra Stage 2 kit as 1 mod or itemise each modification within the kit - I suspect the latter. :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 5d
Now the renewal is up on my car as I carried the policy on from another car I had insured with R*** I might shop around. How old are you 937?

I'm 24 and mines about the same as that through RACV

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 9m 8d
Now the renewal is up on my car as I carried the policy on from another car I had insured with R*** I might shop around. How old are you 937?

It is useless to compare insurance premiums unless you both live in the same suburb and both have same insurance history. You are very different ages for a start, and you are from Victoria and 937 is from ACT. Like comparing oranges and coconuts.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 5d

It is useless to compare insurance premiums unless you both live in the same suburb and both have same insurance history. You are very different ages for a start, and you are from Victoria and 937 is from ACT. Like comparing oranges and coconuts.

Fat was saying are you 937 due to the fact it's so cheap, not saying he lives in a 937 post code. I'm not trying to compare, I'm just saying there are other people out there who are paying around the same price.

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11m 1d

G'day Guys

I had an accident last Friday.

My car was towed to one of AAMI's repair centres , I would have liked my chosen repairer to perform the work but instead they sent my car down to another repairer without informing me.

Can they do this? surely they should call me and discuss it first , I was prepared to pay the extra between the quotes but was not given the choice.

My car is currently at a repairer whom I don't know and have no idea about quality of work they will perform.

I understand AAMI choose the repairer and this is stated in there policy, but surely they should have called me before authorising any work.

I have put a hold on all work.

Totally stressed any advise appreciated

Cheers

Lucifer

• Member For: 19y 10m 10d

The should have done what you said. I recently had a bingle and AAMI asked me if I had a preference!

Remember the repair works are gauranteed for life, so if you have any issue with the repair you can take it back - not that that's what you want to need to do.