Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 17d

Looks like time to call AAMI. Luckeeeeee, you're with Ameeeeee - I hope so!

Guest Mal
  • Guests

I'm with Suncorp for around $850 with ratings 1.. they don't increase your premium when you add mods, they will increase your excess though.

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
I'm with Suncorp for around $850 with ratings 1.. they don't increase your premium when you add mods, they will increase your excess though.

Is the car registered for business use and is it used in sales as employment?

These two factors are the key (for me).

Cheers.

Guest Mal
  • Guests

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is the car registered for business use and is it used in sales as employment?

These two factors are the key (for me).

Cheers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it's a private daily drive.

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members

What do you know! All's well in the world again.

Who suggested AAMI?? Thanks. :laughing::tease::tease:

Registered for business, doesn't matter if it's sales like Shannon's, can have up to 5 mods (any) if over 30 (I'm 41) at anytime for no extra charge just advise them. Even 1 mod free for the under 25's sounds like good news.

Get's better: Cheaper than my current NRMA price, and makes the Cars Only price, and their ridiculous conditions look like a joke.

It just amazes me that all these different insurance companies, probably often using the same reinsurers, have so many different and quirky ideas - all designed to randomly eliminate or allow certain people - how can they all be right or wrong in their choices? They must pay big $ for the gurus who sit their with a PC all day working out the risk statistics.......and all of them come to different conclusions...<sigh>.

Thanks for the tips guys!

• Member For: 19y 3m 19d

I think it comes down to which tool you get on the end of the line and if they're having a sh*t day or not. You should have rung back a few times and see how many different answers you got...

Seems pretty typical of big callcentres.

- John

• Member For: 21y 1m 14d
Looks like time to call AAMI.  Luckeeeeee, you're with Ameeeeee - I hope so!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

aami wont insure a phase 11 they will tell you to go to just cars which they own.

• Member For: 21y 1m 14d
What do you know!  All's well in the world again.

Who suggested AAMI??  Thanks.  :crybaby:  :spoton:  :tease:

Registered for business, doesn't matter if it's sales like Shannon's, can have up to 5 mods (any) if over 30 (I'm 41) at anytime for no extra charge just advise them.  Even 1 mod free for the under 25's sounds like good news.

Get's better:  Cheaper than my current NRMA price, and makes the Cars Only price, and their ridiculous conditions look like a joke.

It just amazes me that all these different insurance companies, probably often using the same reinsurers, have so many different and quirky ideas - all designed to randomly eliminate or allow certain people - how can they all be right or wrong in their choices?  They must pay big $ for the gurus who sit their with a PC all day working out the risk statistics.......and all of them come to different conclusions...<sigh>.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I should have read all the thread before I posted that last one.Last time I tried AAMI they only aloud 3 mods and where not interested in anything with a piggyback chip.I will have to give them a ring my car is up for renewal and are paying$1200

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
What do you know!  All's well in the world again.

Who suggested AAMI??  Thanks.  :pinch:  :pinch:  :spoton:

Registered for business, doesn't matter if it's sales like Shannon's, can have up to 5 mods (any) if over 30 (I'm 41) at anytime for no extra charge just advise them.  Even 1 mod free for the under 25's sounds like good news.

Get's better:  Cheaper than my current NRMA price, and makes the Cars Only price, and their ridiculous conditions look like a joke.

It just amazes me that all these different insurance companies, probably often using the same reinsurers, have so many different and quirky ideas - all designed to randomly eliminate or allow certain people - how can they all be right or wrong in their choices?  They must pay big $ for the gurus who sit their with a PC all day working out the risk statistics.......and all of them come to different conclusions...<sigh>.

I should have read all the thread before I posted that last one.Last time I tried AAMI they only aloud 3 mods and where not interested in anything with a piggyback chip.I will have to give them a ring my car is up for renewal and are paying$1200

I'm happy! My 'till now current insurer NRMA also told me to F*** off, which was GREAT as they were costing me around $300 extra p/a with NO MODS. :tease:

So, guess I'll change all my other policies away from NRMA as well, no big deal.